C4 Forums | Control4

Outdoor lighting HELP

7 minutes ago, Haze said:

Those don't look to be to electrical code. Looks like indoor switches used in outdoor box. 

Depends on the enclosure - you can do this in some boxes/enclosures assuming it's GFCI protected (via the breaker for example)

If you can fit one of these in there, it will work with C4.

https://www.amazon.com/Orvibo-Socket-Electronics-Anywhere-HomeMate-S25/dp/B00KT50HK4

And if not, you can simply use an app to drive this outlet switch. It allows scheduling.

This is awesome, But will it retain the wifi signal in a metal enclosure? I had the c4 outlet in there and couldn't get control of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about the signal but it's $20. Try it out. You can use it elsewhere if it doesn't work. Eventually, I'll replacing all my C4 Outlet Switches with these. 6 Orvibo switches for the price of 1 C4 switch. It's a no-brainer.

I'll let you know the app isn't great and could be improved tremendously. But it works. Also, I have yet to integrate the 4 Orvibo switches I have with C4 but all of them are used for table lamps. One controls the outdoor landscape lights but my switch is in the garage.

7 hours ago, Thatguy230 said:

Can you please repeat that? 

Sure, I installed a C4 switch in a weather poof box, been in there for 3 years now.I installed a C4 switch in a weather poof box, been in there for 3 years now. 

If you can fit one of these in there, it will work with C4.

https://www.amazon.com/Orvibo-Socket-Electronics-Anywhere-HomeMate-S25/dp/B00KT50HK4

And if not, you can simply use an app to drive this outlet switch. It allows scheduling.

Bought this switch but as the reviews on Amazon say, it sucked. App was horrible. I returned it and got a Wemo instead. Works awesome. Very easy setup. Thanks again for all your help.

Bought this switch but as the reviews on Amazon say, it sucked. App was horrible. I returned it and got a Wemo instead. Works awesome. Very easy setup. Thanks again for all your help.

Yes. It's a little buggy and the app is horrible. But once you set it up it's good. I'm sure wemo is better.

I have my outdoor path light connected to the transformer in my garage and then the transformer plug  into one C4 outlet switch.

Make sure you remove the pins that controls the timer  from the transformer . so that is on all the time.

then control the on/ off through the C4 outlet switch.  I think you can then put it on a schedule timer in composer.

Archived