C4 Forums | Control4

Creating a New Driver

There is a Lumagen Radiance Pro in this system. This is a high end 4k video processor. The existing driver simply treats this device as an AV switch. It is, however, much more. I have written a new RS232 driver using the closest category (Receiver) and have included all the relevant functions with the intention that a GUI would be created by C4 with the appropriate Arrows-Enter-Menu, etc. However, when I click on the icon, all I get is a blank screen. Is there a way, for a novice, to create a GUI for this product?

No, no real gui for receiver is available. You'd have to re-create using a different proxy such as DVD or cable box

I made that old driver - originally for the XD series - and I know their site hosts the 'dvd proxy' companion driver. Using that driver and an IR connection, you can bind it to an unused input and select it and have control over the functions.

25 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

No, no real gui for receiver is available. You'd have to re-create using a different proxy such as DVD or cable box

I made that old driver - originally for the XD series - and I know their site hosts the 'dvd proxy' companion driver. Using that driver and an IR connection, you can bind it to an unused input and select it and have control over the functions.

Thanks! Unfortunately, all 8 inputs, it's HDMI only), on the Pro are being used. I think I try to create a new 232 driver using the DVD proxy.

if you use an sr remote all of the buttons are mapped to the keys if you programmed them, but the touch screen ui is only meant to select sounds modes. and if it has a tuner will give you some basic tuner options when that is selected.

1 hour ago, hometheaterguy said:

Thanks! Unfortunately, all 8 inputs, it's HDMI only), on the Pro are being used. I think I try to create a new 232 driver using the DVD proxy.

Could still use the old driver, just put a fake 2in 1 out switch in front of one input - that said, not stating you couldn't or shouldn't create a new driver.

Well, I feel pretty stupid. I programmed a new driver, using the DVD proxy, and while it allowed me to set up all the HDMI input/outputs and gave me an acceptable GUI; C4 will not accept it as a switch. All codes and macros work, but C4 will not send the HDMI input switching commands to the Lumagen. I see now why the existing IR driver was tag on to the AV switch driver. Is a full blown A/V processor proxy with switching, and a GUI,  a missing link in C4, or is this type of driver beyond my novice capabilities?

On 3/30/2017 at 10:44 AM, Cyknight said:

You'd have to create a receiver driver with a tied in dvd proxy - check for an example the Oppo drivers in the database.

I opened up the OppO Gateway driver in Notepad and found the proxy statements. I also found that the OppO 93 driver had one of the tags referenced "5001". I did not find the Netflix or Vudu proxys. To create a similar driver, what driver creation program do I need to use? The "create a new driver" in composer does not appear to have any options to combine proxys.

Archived