C4 Forums | Control4

New User

jayday

My am new to Control 4 so please be patience.  I am purchasing a house with a builder installed HC250-BL.  It has 50 licenses for devices, alarm system interface and wireless.  It also has a theater system/TV control pack.

I have no experience with Control 4 and have some basic questions.  1) Who owns the licenses?  Can they be transferred to me?  2) What software is used to configure the system?  3) Can I (user) program/configure the system? 4) Does the system talk to zwave?

Thank you in advance for assistance.

1)

The license can go two ways, depending on how old the system really is. If it's pre-change, the license is on the customer.control4 account. These are not transferable, but the account is (and the account primarily just deals with licenses).

If post-change the licenses are directly tied to the controller itself, whatever account the controller gets registered on gets the license.

2)

ComposerPro - available only to dealers

3)

See above - there is a paid user edition that allows you program a lot of functions, but will not give you much room to cinfigure/setup the base system.

4)

Not natively - but integration options are available.

8 minutes ago, jayday said:

Would the dealer have to make all updates with 3rd party software? 

updates for which device?

control4 is the only one you would update if you want the new features. many other devices their updates are for bug fixes security and sometimes new features.

Archived