C4 Forums | Control4

DSC Neo zone showing open in C4, but not on keypad

4 hours ago, Ivan James said:

Anyone know how to solve this problem? I can't arm via the app because it shows an open zone, but on the keypad it shows it as correct and arms upon entering the code.

? REgardless of what C4 shows it should let you arm..... What zone is it (as in what type of zone). Fire/Smoke of Flood by chance?

10 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

? REgardless of what C4 shows it should let you arm..... What zone is it (as in what type of zone). Fire/Smoke of Flood by chance?

No it's just zone 1 on my security alarm. C4 shows the green light and says Click to Arm, but nothing happens when I push it.

13 hours ago, Cyknight said:

So when you arm from DSC keypad, does the status in C4 update properly to armed? If not, I'd say there's 'just' a loss of communication.

Ah ok, yes I tried that and it did not update. When I go into the driver it says Communicating for Current Communicating Status, but it says OFFLINE for Partition State. 

• 3 weeks later...
On March 31, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Cyknight said:

Than at least we now know that C4 simply isn't talking to the NEO in general (as opposed to some specific bug in the driver). WHY is another matter - lots of variables there.

Any idea on something I could try? I can ping the TL280. I tried to re-enter the codes in the driver and that didn't work. 

39 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Could be a simple as the NEO not having a static/assigned IP and now the IP in C4 isn't the correct one. That's the first thing I'd check - but it will require PRO to do so.

When I go into Fing I can see the IP and it is the same one I gave my integrator. 

• 2 months later...

Did you ever figure out this communication issue?  I'm having something similar but where C4 properly showing the alarm status (armed, disarmed, etc) when I input from the physical dsc keypad, but my inputs via the c4 app or navigator aren't causing the alarm to do anything.

4 hours ago, Jfizzle said:

Did you ever figure out this communication issue?  I'm having something similar but where C4 properly showing the alarm status (armed, disarmed, etc) when I input from the physical dsc keypad, but my inputs via the c4 app or navigator aren't causing the alarm to do anything.

I did. I just replaced the sensor and it worked fine. Have you put the correct codes in? They changed the codes with an update I think about a year ago and I don't think the instructions have been updated. ejn1 provided the updated codes in another post. Search ejn1 and dsc and you can probably find them.

7 hours ago, Ivan James said:

I did. I just replaced the sensor and it worked fine. Have you put the correct codes in? They changed the codes with an update I think about a year ago and I don't think the instructions have been updated. ejn1 provided the updated codes in another post. Search ejn1 and dsc and you can probably find them.

Great to hear its working now Ivan!

Archived