C4 Forums | Control4

HikVision NVR Driver

Hello,

Looking to see if anyone came across this issue or advise here...

We have a HikVision NVR DS-9632NI-ST    We are able to use the HouseLogix DS-7600 NVR Driver which works well to add the Cameras to the Navigator.

But can't seem to control the NVR with the C4 HikVision NVR Driver. Looking to be able to use the SR-260 to change the views on the HDMI Output of the NVR,.

Many Thanks...

To Recap:

I have a DS-7608 NVR

The Houselogix Driver works great to have the Cameras appear on the Touch Screens

But I need to be able to control the NVR Screen Output from a SR-260 so i'm using the C4 HIK\NVR Driver.

I downgraded the Firmware to 3.3.6 Build 151229 and still not connecting.

C4 told me they tested on 3.3.6 Build 150828 but HIK says that they can’t give that Firmware as that is international

Any help please?

See error attached

Capture.JPG

To recap. You need to contact Hikvision again and inform them and I quote from the documentation:

"Please ensure that the recorder has the firmware for Control4. Contact HIKVision US tech support to get the correct version."

I did contact HIK Vision

they were not able to help me

as mentioned they sent me an older firmware but still not good

i was able to make my own driver with IR control

just don't know how and if I can program any arrows to select the different cameras (not sure if the IP driver does this anyway )

i was able to program the "1" on the remote for camera view 1... and so on..

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2017 at 5:45 PM, jamesc4 said:

I did contact HIK Vision

they were not able to help me

as mentioned they sent me an older firmware but still not good

i was able to make my own driver with IR control

just don't know how and if I can program any arrows to select the different cameras (not sure if the IP driver does this anyway )

i was able to program the "1" on the remote for camera view 1... and so on..

I have lost my remote for the same NVR. any chance you could share your ir driver with me? thank you

Just now, VINCELdUB said:

Yes absolutely!  This is exactly what I need it for. 

If it works exactly the way I needWill send you some coffee money via PayPal, I Will send you some coffee money via PayPal

• 2 months later...

I first had an OEM DS-7604NI-E1, of course HIKVISION wouldn't talk to me.  I then proceeded to purchase the same unit from an authorized reseller, called HIKVISION, got the run around and then a tech told me only the Netra series works with C4.  I noticed on my resellers website they now have an advertisement about new C4 compatible firmware.  I filled out a form, they sent me a link with a firmware and guide.  Lo and behold the OEM DS-7604NI-E1 took the firmware and now shows up SDDP and is discovered/added, gone are the days of the 'lost communication with NVR'

According to the guide I have obtained, here are the compatible models:

Netra NVR: 76/77/86/9600NI-ST-RT-XT-SP Firmware: V3.4.31 Build 161206 (Customized Firmware)
I Series NVR Firmware: V3.4.93 Build 170705 (Customized Firmware)
E series NVR Firmware: V3.4.93 Build 170705 (Customized Firmware)

So I  just got a HIKVISION 

DS-7608-NI-I2/8P

and trying to control via IR but the NVR keeps prompting for a password.

I thought I changed the setting on the NVR for that

But should I try your firmware you mentioned for IP control ?

25 minutes ago, Control-IT said:

I have a remote and can work on making it however I need a camera icon.  I based it on just a generic DVD player so I see a DVD that says cameras which stinks.  How can I change this?

there is a KB article on how to change icons

• 5 months later...

I have also been looking into control4 a lot recently and i have found a great little company called LTSUK. They are a hik OEM but they have their own platform for control4 with al the drivers easily accessible online and if you have any issue they have a great tech support line, i called and was speaking to someone within a matter of seconds. They even connected inot my system to resolve any issues i was having.

http://www.ltsecurityinc.co.uk/ Is the website for them if you guys want to see.

They have full integration on the DVR/NVR's and have found there is nothing that they cant get sorted! even down to the IR codes for the remote to allow me to do more!

Would highly recomend these guys based in the UK so not sure if some of you are american.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am looking to install this NVR from HIKVISION:

http://www.cctvguy.com.au/product/hikvision-4-channel-embedded-plug-play-nvr-ip-nvr/

Does C4 have drivers for it or do I need to purchase from houselogix?

All I want is to be able to view the cameras from the control4 navigator.

And what is the easiest way to obtain the control4 firmware for the HIKvision NVR?

Thanks,

K.

I've yet to get the C4 driver to really work, but the latest firmware is (supposedly) compatible now.

HOWEVER something to point out: The NVR will not in any way make camera's compatible with C4 - the cameras THEMSELVES need to be compatible (which is pretty much every HIKVision cam if that's the route your taking). The HIKVision NVR have a 'local host' option most other do NOT have that allow you to connect to the cameras 'directly' through the NVR (and that includes C4) but that doesn't make cameras magically work in C4.

So in your case, just get the latest firmware from HIKVision direct, set local host and use HIKVision cameras - no driver for the NVR needed (cam drivers are direct from C4)

I've yet to get the C4 driver to really work, but the latest firmware is (supposedly) compatible now.

HOWEVER something to point out: The NVR will not in any way make camera's compatible with C4 - the cameras THEMSELVES need to be compatible (which is pretty much every HIKVision cam if that's the route your taking). The HIKVision NVR have a 'local host' option most other do NOT have that allow you to connect to the cameras 'directly' through the NVR (and that includes C4) but that doesn't make cameras magically work in C4.

So in your case, just get the latest firmware from HIKVision direct, set local host and use HIKVision cameras - no driver for the NVR needed (cam drivers are direct from C4)

Thanks. I’m thinking to get hikvisiom cameras. About trying to decide the 2MP full HD or the 4MP. What do you think? Will be 4 cameras outdoor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.