C4 Forums | Control4

Lighting Schedules during "Away"

JGLI

What is the "best" way to control lighting when you aren't home to simulate you being there?

My dealer installed the MockOccupancy driver, but there is virtually no control and I can't find any notes.  While its nice that it seems to be recording what is happening, there is no way of auditing/viewing it (that I can see). If I have lights in the basement that go on during the day it would make no sense to have them come in when I'm not home.

My old élan system had a separate "Away" mode and you could easily make schedules for that purpose.  Unless there is way to control "mockoccupancy" it would seem I should setup some lighting scenes and schedules based on sunset, etc.  Randomness would be nice, but not totally necessary.

Mockupancy doesn't require and programming really. once driver is installed you should be able to do everything with HE. Pick rooms/lights/av/etc, make an experience  button to start stop recording  and one to toggle playback on off when security is armed to away if mocupancy is true playback. It's a great driver imo

beats the hell out of the alternative most of us have used for years with number variables schedules and light scenes 

Just so I get this straight this driver has to be installed it is not integral to HE !

He is a way of viewing and editing the project. Nothing is integral to He.

Once mocupancy is added to the project everything else, choosing which lights and if you want to run them at an energy saving 70% and of you want blinds or TV included is by checkbox on the driver properties.

• 2 months later...

I have mockupancy toggle function bound to button 5 on a 6 button keypad.  Red is supposed to be recording, green is active and blue is paused I think.  For some reason the colors are not changing on the keypad.  Mockupancy is working when I press the buttons because I was messing with it one day and then the following day lights were turning on and off.  Anyone know how to get the button to show the correct color?  Does it have something to do with following the bound color checkbox?

Thanks,

Jeff

6 hours ago, Gix656 said:

The LED for that button should be changed to programmed. Then go into programming and add the proper programming to follow the state.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What do you mean by changing it to be programmed?  I thought all that had to be done was the mockupancy toggle be bound to a button.  I didn't think any type of custom programming was involved.  At least that is how the mockupancy directions make it sound.  

Thanks!

Archived