C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Light Switch Rocker Breaking

ejn1

Just curious other's opinions...  I have probably 20 C4 light switches in my house and in 3 years i have had probably 8 need to be replaced as one of the little holding tabs breaks off.    Is this normal?   I can't recall ever having a builder grade $5 rocker switch break so this is raising eyebrows of the design of the little tabs.    They do seem very delicate and prone to breaking.

Thanks! 

15 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

C4 has changed their supplier a while ago - if you're having a lot of failures, tell your dealer to take it up with C4 - that said....not sure why you're replacing the whole light switch when you could just get a new button/rocker?

thanks, im not replacing the whole switch... I just have been ordering new rockers

11 minutes ago, Derrick Cain said:

If you're having issues with rockers or keycaps not fitting properly, please PM me to get it sorted out.  You can also contact your dealer, and our support will take care of those as well.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hi thanks for the reply.   I have no problem with them fitting properly... They just break way too often.   I haven't had a keycap or button break, its really just the rockers...

We just had about 100 switches installed. What are the little tabs to which you're referring. Can someone post a pic? Should I be concerned? Just had whole house done!

If you are using the latest gen lighting the design is different. Don't worry

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

In addition - while I'm well aware of the overall quality issue - most rockers that fail could have been prevented by making sure the cutouts are clean/clear before getting them on (not that that as such ought to be required, but that is not the point I'm making). In other words if your dealer/installer checked the buttons/rockers before putting them on, chances are you're fine anyway.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring this thread out of the dust we too have many switches in the home that we just purchased where the rockers are broken on one side or the other. My local dealer will not call me back so not having any luck with them to get it sorted out. Can someone let me know where I can purchase them? There are 10-15 in my home that currently need replacing and there is no way I am going to pay to replace the entire switch!

1 minute ago, Mulligan said:

Sorry to bring this thread out of the dust we too have many switches in the home that we just purchased where the rockers are broken on one side or the other. My local dealer will not call me back so not having any luck with them to get it sorted out. Can someone let me know where I can purchase them? There are 10-15 in my home that currently need replacing and there is no way I am going to pay to replace the entire switch!

contact @Derrick Cain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, Evjon said:

I too have had a tab on one side of a rocker break off.  How do I get a replacement?

For the rocker pin on the black frame ask dealer to order 5 pack from c4 so you have extras on hand. We’ve had 2-3 break out of about 100. We’ve had more (prob 6-8) plastic loops break on the switches. If I had to do again I might do Lutron. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.