C4 Forums | Control4

Problem with Scripts

I have been experiencing issues with IR commands not being executed within a script. The command, for example, to raise the lights via a IR blaster to Lutron Maestro dimmers. The script will execute for a couple of days and then just stop. If I modify delays or change the position of the command, it works again for a couple of days and then just stops working. The project is still in work in progress and is added/subtracted to every day. However, the lighting commands have not had any work done. It appears that this and other commands being missed are IR related whether via a IR bud, cable connect, or blaster. Any thought as to why this is happening or suggestions for proper script writing would be appreciated. FWIW, I also have the same commands on a pull down menu and they work without fail.

One of the scripts is attached.

C4 start script.pdf

If you want rock solid IR control, your best bet is to wire an emitter to the dimmer in question.  I certainly wouldn't expect a blaster to be 100% bulletproof.  Now that said, have you played with the repeat counts in the driver for those codes?  They may be too short or too long.  Could also be a dirty code maybe.

Archived