C4junkie

What Firmware is everyone on right now? And Why?

47 posts in this topic

I'd like everyones opinions on their overall upgrade philosophy.

I'm on 2.9.0. I run an HC800. 

I like to sit back a couple months (so problems are ironed out), but am out to 6 months now on this one..

Do you guys upgrade straight away, or wait a bit? Thoughts everyone?

So what Firmware are you all on and why? 

Thanks Everyone!

I am obligated to be on the latest production release at work and beta version at home. I understand the desire to wait it out a bit after a release but you really should be on 291. In general, the updates have more improvement than they have issues.

6 hours ago, msgreenf said:

If i was going to wait on any update I would wait on the 0 releases, the .1 after that is bug fixes.

so 2.9.0 = new stuff

2.9.1 = bug fixes to 2.9.0

I agree 200%, all the major version update have had too many issues over the last few years, wait for things to settle down with the next incremental release unless there is something you absolutely MUST have.

Unless you are and anyone else in the household understand fully that being on the latest can mean glitches, strange happenings, calls to your dealer for reboots etc.  Typically the wife is less then pleased in these times, yet sometimes it's the other way around.

The users on here are most likely more forgiving and want the latest and greatest because the understanding of what the system entails is greater.  Most customers are not in this category and it's better to play things safe.

I am on 2.9.0.

I upgraded to 2.9.1 but then had problems with digital music cutting out.  My dealer tells me it is a rare problem with 2.9.1 that C4 is aware of (I certainly hope so as I am hoping that 2.9.2 will solve this problem). I downgraded to 2.9.0.  This is the first time that I have ever done a roll back!

My account is usually on latest for testing.

Clients are on whatever is the stable version I installed when I was there, unless they can benefit from update or they have issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

well i get to cheat since i can do it myself, so I am always on the latest.

Customer get the latest at time of the install.

Alot of users here have me update as the software release bring new features that they want.

This is the key to the reason to really upgrade is that you want the latest features control4 has to offer. (other than the obvious bug fix updates)

31 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

A month or so after it's out, which is months after beta starts. Assuming there will even be a 2.9.2 :rolleyes:

Lol! Would be nice to know when versions go into Beta... but I know that is wishful thinking...

My dealer is really good and usually gets me on the latest version within 24 hour of release so I can't complain!  Admittedly he often cannot tell me what is new for a few days... but that is where this forum comes in!

The reson the "new" endoresed driver is crap is because sonos implimented their new API change internally so unless they fix that nothing will change due to restrictions they made for 3rd party. Also i am on 2.9.1 since i have pro