C4 Forums | Control4

Hiding Rooms from other rooms in Navigator

Jeremy Wells

The ability to hide rooms from other rooms in Navigator on specific touchpanels would be especially useful in commercial applications, but I can also see uses for it in residential. I realize this would be difficult, if not impossible, to do in the mobile app. But that really isn't my concern here. This really only applies in situations where the people using the system won't have access to the mobile app.

Example:

I have a small commercial project in a high end condo building. The fitness center and lounge are right next to each other. There are also a handful of other distributed audio zones. The fitness center and the lounge both have 7" in-wall touchpanels. I would like to be able to make the fitness center touchpanel see only the fitness center (which actually has 4 rooms associated with it, audio and 3 TVs) AND have the lounge able see everything except the fitness center. The idea being that you don't want people in the fitness center messing with the lounge, and vice versa.

Yet another reason residential design configurations don't work in commercial environments. Why installers insist on doing this is beyond me. You could create separate projects or get in touch with your sales rep to discuss commercial / hospitality / MDU solutions.

I would also look at integrating Savi Controls as part of your commercial implementations.  Not sure how they handle room hiding, but I know that the last time I spoke with them they were willing to make certain modifications based on your specific needs.

• 4 weeks later...

You can use two different project and then use the project combiner driver to share states of Rooms that overlap.

Simply double up on everything in the two projects. Identical even. Then load the duplicate project Ina second controller.

Now, hide the appropriate rooms from navigator in each project.

Then using the combiner driver, write programming to turn on an overlapping room on the other project and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Archived