C4 Forums | Control4

Switching Integrators?

Hello,

I had my Control4 system installed by Safeguard as it came bundled with my new house.  Working with them has been a major pain, slow responses (weeks at a time). I've been unsuccessful in getting new drivers installed as well as licenses installed for expired trial drivers.  They must not be motivated by money lol!  Is it possible to switch integrators after the fact, or do they more or less hold the keys to my controller?

Regards,

-LzK

There are many integrators online here ready to help. Me included. However, don't forget to check the Control4 website dealer locator. There may be a local dealer who can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, GT Slider said:

Lizard . . . we just need your account login to access your project.  As for payment, I'm assuming most people have a paypal account.

Good luck with your project.

Just to clarify, we don't need the login, that information should always be private. I'm sure you mean the name in the account. Actually, dealers shouldn't ask for any info at all. What you do is you select a dealer in your customer.control4.com portal. Once you select the dealer, he/she can access your system remotely.

Once a customer sent me his actual login; which means username and password for his account. He didn't understand what he had to do. That's why I'm clarifying.

29 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

That remote dealer will be some people's local dealer.

I feel like being remote you get to see so much more of a breadth of products being used. Local dealers tend to always recommend this brand or employ this setup. Remote dealers get to see it all. I think this helps them come up with better solutions overall. Just my .02

16 hours ago, blackfiveo1 said:

I feel like being remote you get to see so much more of a breadth of products being used. Local dealers tend to always recommend this brand or employ this setup. Remote dealers get to see it all. I think this helps them come up with better solutions overall. Just my .02

Not unfair, but at the same time, that will be influenced at least as much by the dealership/management itself as well as how long it's been around, not to mention the market and market size itself.

A dealer operating in an area with 100k population is be default going to be exposed to a lot less product and requests than a dealer operating in an area of 2 million. Both due to the fact that is much more likely to be a more homogeneous community with less diversity in wishes, and because the community itself is less likely to be exposed to more option maintaining that situation because there are simply less stores/wholesalers available for both the potential clients and the actual dealer to be exposed to more options. The internet may have alleviated that to a large extend, but by no means completely.

Some dealers will work in a 'package' only style, while others will gear exclusively to custom builds. And the majority will be somewhere in between.

Plus, while being 'exposed' to many different options/setups/methods can be argued as a good thing, it also be said that that creates the 'jack of all trades' - but not 'ace'.

There's no right or wrong there really, but I think the 'quality' of a dealer is best measured to it's work, not any vague idea on whether it does 'remote' work or not.

Archived