C4 Forums | Control4

Chromecast Audio Programming

Anyone have an example on how they are programming with the chromecast audio? Which driver are you using? Its going into a matrix and existing drivers only support locally connected devices. What does your programming look like for sensing audio on that input to the matrix?

I thought room auto on/off would be common practice for chromecast audio if you have enough inputs to go around to dedicate them to certain areas. I have a 16ch matrix so plenty of inputs to go around. Especially nice if the intention is to use them in conjunction with a google home and the grouping function. That way you tell it what to play in the group, once the signal is hot the zone switches to the chromecast audio then when you tell it to stop the timer runs down and turns the zone back off since it is no longer in use. No SR250, mobile app, touch panel needed. Use it all the time in the kitchen/family room and master bath

the extra stuff is specific to the way I programmed the family room and kitchen to interact since they are so close together and I didnt want echo issues as well as the kitchen to become the surround back of the family room when in overflow mode, when not the zones are split

Archived