C4 Forums | Control4

Keypad LEDs at night not working, Some brighter and new buttons not working

tims

1. Hey guys so I am programing a clients keypads to turn off at night LED wise but some keypads will turn off and some not. Am I missing some programming some how? Here is the setup https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz62nwt00g41abo/Screenshot 2017-04-27 14.02.18.png?dl=0
  2. also, I noticed some of the LEDS are brighter than others at night even those I have applied all settings to the the buttons the same...
  3. also, we just got about 80 cut by C4 but some of them when installed no longer click and feel odd and you have to push them hard to work

Just looking for tips for the above. Thanks guys

I'm interested in #2 as well. We had about 100 switches installed and there's a fair amt of variation in LED brightness even with switches with same settings and same ambient light (bright and dark). Natural variation or defective? If defective we've got to get control4 to replace a bunch. 

I find when some keys are set to auto dim the leds and backlight it messes with the brightness of the switch next to it.  I fixed that by setting the backlights to always bright. When I have my bedroom go off at night some of the leds that are set to program need to be pressed before they turn off. I also need to do a room off to get some to turn off. In the morn they all come on except a few then I have to press the button for the led to turn on. For instance the wake button Led doesn't go off at night unless I press it after midnight. Then in morn if I don't use the wake up button the led will stay off until pressed again. 

On 4/29/2017 at 0:47 AM, Thatguy230 said:

I find when some keys are set to auto dim the leds and backlight it messes with the brightness of the switch next to it.  I fixed that by setting the backlights to always bright. When I have my bedroom go off at night some of the leds that are set to program need to be pressed before they turn off. I also need to do a room off to get some to turn off. In the morn they all come on except a few then I have to press the button for the led to turn on. For instance the wake button Led doesn't go off at night unless I press it after midnight. Then in morn if I don't use the wake up button the led will stay off until pressed again. 

Sounds like you need to program them to go off (and on) - maybe using a schedule?

21 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Sounds like you need to program them to go off (and on) - maybe using a schedule?

I use a schedule and it works. Just some of the keys need to be physically pressed before they change. Like the button that turns on my cable box. After schedule that led stays on unless I hit room off after the scheduled time 

19 minutes ago, Thatguy230 said:

I use a schedule and it works. Just some of the keys need to be physically pressed before they change. Like the button that turns on my cable box. After schedule that led stays on unless I hit room off after the scheduled time 

In your schedule, do you specifically change the LED colours of the problem buttons?

if not then try it.

if so, then try a change along the lines of turn LED to black, delay 5 seconds, turn LED to the colour you want.

Archived