C4 Forums | Control4

Unable to create new voice scene in Composer HE

rontivo

It took awhile, but I was finally able to get my dealer to install the voice scene driver so I could attempt to program Alexa to turn my TV on and off.  Unfortunately, I'm not able to create new voice scenes.

In Composer HE I open the Monitoring view and select Voice Scene on the list of components in the System view.  I see the Properties tab, and when I enter text into the New Scene Name field, Set and Cancel buttons appear next to the field.  When I click on the Set button, the system thinks and in the bottom right-hand corner displays a message about Getting All Code Items, and then that changes to Idle.  Nothing appears on the screen, and when I go into the Programming view I only see the option for Voice Scene Received.

The documentation on all this is a little sketchy, but I'm expecing that the Voice Scene I created would show in a list, and that I'd also see that new scene in the list of options available to me when I'm in the programming view.

Is there something else my dealer or I need to do to enable the ability for me to create new scenes, or is the software working the ways it's supposed to and I'm just operating under an incorrect perception of how this should work?

Thanks!

-Ron

Have your dealer make a bunch of generic voice scenes.

Voice Scene 1

Voice Scene 2

Voice Scene 3

etc.

Then from the customer.control4 portal, you can change the name Alexa knows the scenes as.

If you use them, awesome. If not, you always have more to play with.

• 1 month later...

once you have entered all of your scenes you need to select the voice scene driver on the right side weather it be the on off or received states then program the actions from the left side.

you can also check that they were adding by clicking on the drop down for the delete option or run discovery and check the alexa app that the scenes were found.

• 2 months later...

Archived