C4 Forums | Control4

MP4 movie files not showing on Kodi driver from control4 UI

spaceweb

Hi All,

I have challenge seeing my MP4 movie files using kodi full driver from control4 UI. I am using Kodi as my media player connected to a QNAP NAS. Everything seems to work fine except two things:

• I noticed that I don't see MP4 movie files from the user interface. All other movie files are working fine. Now this is scanned in the control4 media library and also the kodi media library.
  • Kodi media player seems to go offline from control4 even when it is physically connected to the network. It comes online after kodi is restarted using the amazon TV remote. I especially do not want this to happen as I want start and exit kodi only from the control4 UI.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, spaceweb said:

Hi All,

I have challenge seeing my MP4 movie files using kodi full driver from control4 UI. I am using Kodi as my media player connected to a QNAP NAS. Everything seems to work fine except two things:

• I noticed that I don't see MP4 movie files from the user interface. All other movie files are working fine. Now this is scanned in the control4 media library and also the kodi media library.
  • Kodi media player seems to go offline from control4 even when it is physically connected to the network. It comes online after kodi is restarted using the amazon TV remote. I especially do not want this to happen as I want start and exit kodi only from the control4 UI.

Thanks 

If kodi is not running it will go offline.  The driver will only be connected if kodi is running.

the driver does not require scanning in Control4. In fact it doesn't use this at all. It will show any movies, tv shows or video files exactly as you would see it under the respected menus on kodis interface.

please see our installation guide for more information and instructions

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, spaceweb said:

Thanks @control4 dealer. But I can't see the link to your installation guide and instructions.

All installation guides are available via our website on each drivers page

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/kodi-xbmc-full-driver-for-control4

it is also included with the publically accessible driver zip file.

Archived