N8Ball

Instant Weather Forecast View...Solved

9 posts in this topic

Backstory...My wife and I are laying in bed for the night as she yells over at Alexa and asks for the Weather forecast for tomorrow. In typical Alexa form, Alexa responds with "I don't understand" blah blah blah...you know the drill. My wife looks over at me and says "I really wish I could just see what the forecast would be, that would make this so much easier". And thus my wheels start turning.

Here's what I did. I bought the https://www.houselogix.com/shop/internet-weather-forecast driver so I could have access to all their variables, and programmed my light keypads to show accordingly. Simple and makes the wife happy.

FYI - I keyed my colors off of TODAYS_ICON and TOMORROWS_ICON.

WeatherLights.jpg

20 minutes ago, N8Ball said:

Backstory...My wife and I are laying in bed for the night as she yells over at Alexa and asks for the Weather forecast for tomorrow. In typical Alexa form, Alexa responds with "I don't understand" blah blah blah...you know the drill. My wife looks over at me and says "I really wish I could just see what the forecast would be, that would make this so much easier". And thus my wheels start turning.

Here's what I did. I bought the https://www.houselogix.com/shop/internet-weather-forecast driver so I could have access to all their variables, and programmed my light keypads to show accordingly. Simple and makes the wife happy.

FYI - I keyed my colors off of TODAYS_ICON and TOMORROWS_ICON.

WeatherLights.jpg

I use the weather underground driver and it shows as a thermostat in my system when I click extra it gives a full forecast 

2 hours ago, Thatguy230 said:

I use the weather underground driver and it shows as a thermostat in my system when I click extra it gives a full forecast 

I use weather underground as well but this allowed my wife to simply see it while walking through our bedroom with no apps, clicks, button pushes, etc. 

2 hours ago, zaphod said:

If you can see this from your bed then you must have a high tolerance for light while you sleep - I find that anything other than red LEDs from C4 keypads on at night is distracting.

I have the LEDs set so that when the switches/keypads sense low light they dim so it's not an issue for us. 

2 hours ago, Thatguy230 said:

+1 great driver

I do the same thing and also have "A/C" buttons on my keypads that are programmed to operate on different weather variables. yellow= hot outside red = heat is on aqua = cold outside blue = ac on green = rain