C4 Forums | Control4

annex⁴ - Hunter Douglas Powerview Driver

We are please to announce the launch of our Hunter Douglas PowerView Driver with individual shade control as well as scenes. The scene portion of the driver is completely FREE and requires no license. We provide experience buttons for triggering scenes that have icons matching the PowerView App providing users a familiar look and feel. The individual shades work with the latest blinds proxy and allow full control of as aspects of the shade operation.

As with all of our drivers setup is quick, easy, feature rich.

Save 35% until May 15, 2017

Get the discount code on our Facebook page

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, Cyknight said:

No, however they've had an alternative driver (as TheoryAV originally, now as Annex4) for the Platinum Bridge for years.

so the platinum bridge should work with my old / the very first power rise?

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, THEORY said:

Do you have a bridge to use your phone to control your shades?

Sorry for the late response. I usually don't come on the forum often.  but to get to answer your question:  No I do not have any bridge.  when the bridge came on I was told it only works with the 2.0, but not the old one. Please is there away to make this work in C4 , other than buying a whole new shades?

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:54 PM, THEORY said:

You would need to get HunterDouglas to change the motor.  Likely to platinum not Powerview.

Okay thanks. but do you know roughly how much they cost?

19 hours ago, annex⁴ said:

Your HunterDouglas dealer would need to quote you on this and would typically need to provide HunterDouglas with the original shade SN (Order# and Line #) to confirm and get a price from them.

I called HD yesterday , but they states it might not be possible. They gave me a contact number for a local certify HD repair company.  I called them and was told someone will contact me to discussed if possible.   Please Have you seen this done or retrofitted with the new/ current motorization by someone or anyone?

14 minutes ago, EDDY7 said:

I called HD yesterday , but they states it might not be possible. They gave me a contact number for a local certify HD repair company.  I called them and was told someone will contact me to discussed if possible.   Please Have you seen this done or retrofitted with the new/ current motorization by someone or anyone?

As I stated previously you can likely only get a platinum motor that will work with a platinum bridge if your motor is currently not able to do that.  To ask for powerview I imagine you will get nowhere.  Your best bet is to deal with the Dealer you bought the shades from.  There is nobody on here able to do/help with anything more then the dealer you bought the shade from to begin with.

It looks like its a no go for me on HD. I called the HD local dealer and was told he is unable to retrofit my blind with the New motor. He said I have to buy a whole new blind if I want to integrate in C4.

4 hours ago, EDDY7 said:

It looks like its a no go for me on HD. I called the HD local dealer and was told he is unable to retrofit my blind with the New motor. He said I have to buy a whole new blind if I want to integrate in C4.

He cannot retrofit, he would have to get a motor swap to platinum 2.0 done by sending it to HunterDouglas, this would as stated multiple times likely only be able to be done from whatever it is you have to Platinum 2.0

I've done this before, it would be as if the motor failed outside of warranty, you pay for a motor replacement.  Anyways sounds like your dealer would prefer to sell you new product.  Better money in it as he would make pretty much nothing on sending the shade in for service.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived