C4 Forums | Control4

New Driver: Battery Agent

Cinegration

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/22/2017 at 10:32 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

Ditto

http://theexpectedresult.ca/products-and-services

this is a site under construction, and is not meant to take away from your local dealer. However, if your dealer is slow to respond or is not familiar with the driver you are requesting, I am here. Pricing includes basic remote integration and configuration.

HAPPY AUTOMATING!!

On 5/22/2017 at 5:34 PM, Cinegration said:

Try this version.  So, Control4 decided to change the c4z file name of the card access devices (from cardacess_ to control4_).  I've updated this and added in Axxess.  Let me know.

Change log (has not been posted to houselogix server btw)

Version 1003 (5.2017)

Added support for escaped characters in the name

Added extra verification of 0 or nil value variable returns.  Example: yale Doorlock initially transmits 0 level.  Driver will now wait 5 minutes then ask again. If it’s still 0, driver will notify user of low battery state

Added support for these devices

axxess_contactsensor.c4i
axxess_motionsensor_MS-C4ZB-11.c4i
axxess_doorbell_DB-C4ZB-11.c4i
cardaccess_sensorbridge_ZGB20.c4i
contact_cabridge_water.c4i
contact_cabridge_micro_dws.c4i
control4_wirelesscontact.c4i

Thanks!

battery_agent.c4z

Question... if you d/l the axxess driver from here for their motion sensor http://axxind.com/about/automation/download-drivers/ the file it installs is called axxess_motionsensor.c4i and not the one above.  As a result I'm not seeing any of my 3 axxess motion sensors in the list of devices for battery monitoring.  The version of the battery agent installed is 1003.  What's not right?

Also, can you monitor the portable T3 touchscreens?

I wanted to follow up on this...  you seem to be checking for a driver named axxess_motionsensor_MS-C4ZB-11.c4i but the driver downloaded from the Axxess web site is named axxess_motionsensor.c4i.  That is the one my dealer installed.  So, the battery agent isn't finding my Axxess motion sensors.  Can the battery agent driver be modified to check for this driver?  Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I am interested in the functionality of this driver but from what I can see I also need to subscribe for 4sight to get the emails / messages etc which I don't currently.

Is there on the roadmap to extend this to say push functionality, or create an event that we can program off

For example On BatteryLowEvent .... 

or

On BatteryCrtiticalEvent ....

And then we can pass a message to a push driver that we already have on the system?

3 minutes ago, enzeder said:

I am interested in the functionality of this driver but from what I can see I also need to subscribe for 4sight to get the emails / messages etc which I don't currently.

Is there on the roadmap to extend this to say push functionality, or create an event that we can program off

For example On BatteryLowEvent .... 

or

On BatteryCrtiticalEvent ....

And then we can pass a message to a push driver that we already have on the system?

sounds like you need Chowmain's Notification Suite ;)

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/notification-suite

Yes I have that driver, but what I believe I am missing is a trigger from battery driver so I can then send a message over pushover to my phone using the notification suite

Of course there could be trigger functionality in the battery driver already but it is not obvious to me

We use Control4's email notification in our driver.  We do not offer a smtp server/push notification on this driver.  In order for the driver to 'notify you' you would need to purchase 4Sight.  This also gives you access to Alexa and other emails + remote login.  the driver handles all the notifications automatically, just need to pay for the email service and it will work.

Thanks!

On 7/14/2017 at 7:03 PM, Cinegration said:

We use Control4's email notification in our driver.  We do not offer a smtp server/push notification on this driver.  In order for the driver to 'notify you' you would need to purchase 4Sight.  This also gives you access to Alexa and other emails + remote login.  the driver handles all the notifications automatically, just need to pay for the email service and it will work.

Thanks!

Cinegration,

I'm still not seeing my Axxess motion sensors in the selection list...  The driver name is "axxess_motionsensor.c4i" and not the one you listed above with "_MS-C4ZB-11" tacked on the end so it's not picking them up.  is there any way you could update your driver to pick this up?

I don't think the 1003 version is upon houselogix yet so the auto update isn't working either...  If you can post the new driver, I can get my dealer to install it though.

Thank you,

Don

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cinegration,

Is it possible to post the newest version of the driver so we can get it included?  The last version here was 1003 and you mentioned there was another change.  I don't see the new version anywhere...?

Thank you!

Don

Cinegration,
Is it possible to post the newest version of the driver so we can get it included?  The last version here was 1003 and you mentioned there was another change.  I don't see the new version anywhere...?
Thank you!
Don

Agree - mine doesnt auto update with the auto update agent. There also seems to be a bug I get a daily mail saying my 260 is at 19% when its not. It either fully charged or at 80% i have tested this over two weeks.

I am on 1003 paid version

On the 260 issue, we've found that the Control4 does not transmit the % correctly to director.  The driver simply 'receives' the level from director then processes.  If we get incorrect data, we process incorrect data.  From testing we found that the 260's do not transmit their 'correct' % until you click on the driver in composer and wake up the remote.  This 'forces' the remote and director to re-sync.  We're testing some options as to how we can work around this.  Are your units battery or charger based?  All the other items (locks, shades, ca devices etc...) all correctly do what they are supposed to do from our testing.  It's just the SR remotes that we've seen this issue.

Thanks!

On the 260 issue, we've found that the Control4 does not transmit the % correctly to director.  The driver simply 'receives' the level from director then processes.  If we get incorrect data, we process incorrect data.  From testing we found that the 260's do not transmit their 'correct' % until you click on the driver in composer and wake up the remote.  This 'forces' the remote and director to re-sync.  We're testing some options as to how we can work around this.  Are your units battery or charger based?  All the other items (locks, shades, ca devices etc...) all correctly do what they are supposed to do from our testing.  It's just the SR remotes that we've seen this issue.

Thanks!
So:
1. Only SR 260 all other devices are working
2. Device is base station charged

Interesting does C4 know this?

So, do you think there's a possibility you can post the driver here?  We looked on drivercental.io and the revision history only has version 1002 when you even posted 1003 here.  I'm a paid customer of this driver and would like to get the newest version as even the 1003 version wasn't detecting my axxess motion sensors.  You've moved away from houselogix so it won't auto-update?  But if you can post it here I can get my dealer to install it.  Please...?

On 8/9/2017 at 7:15 PM, Cinegration said:

Thanks!

I have written a macro (long time back) with variables that allows me to pretty much do what your driver does (it is quite neat - probably not quite as simple as your driver - and I simply add three lines of code every time I add a new device (other than an SR260 which is more complex) with a battery needing monitored and hey presto I have everything working).  I had the same problem as you have with the SR260 but did find a work around.  Talking from memory (and this was over a year ago, so I may have things slight wrong here but it might point you in a useful direction), if I simply pulled the battery level at any point in time it would almost always show 100% unless I had recently clicked the driver in Composer.  However, I did find that the level updated from time to time (normally in the middle of the night - not sure why). What I did was use another variable as the SR260 battery level for my purposes and when ever the battery level changed to something other than 100% (like I say this happened at least once a day from recollection), I stored the battery level in my new variable and I used this as my actual battery level rather than the native C4 variable.  It does mean that the information is always a few hours outdated but not a serious issue for this purpose,

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 9:03 PM, BuddyC said:

Cinegration,

I'm still not seeing my Axxess motion sensors in the selection list...  The driver name is "axxess_motionsensor.c4i" and not the one you listed above with "_MS-C4ZB-11" tacked on the end so it's not picking them up.  is there any way you could update your driver to pick this up?

I don't think the 1003 version is upon houselogix yet so the auto update isn't working either...  If you can post the new driver, I can get my dealer to install it though.

Thank you,

Don

This is the problem I'm trying to solve.  Cinegration mentioned the new version of the driver would be on drvivercentral.io but it is not yet..  Where can I find it?  I'm paid for the driver and I can't get one that sees my Axxess motion sensors.  Please...?

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.