C4 Forums | Control4

Monoprice Blackbird 4k HDMI Matrix

Neter66

Question

Is anyone aware of a driver for the Monoprice Blackbird 4k Matrix?  (https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15779)  It can use IR, Serial, or IP.  I looked into the Monoprice drivers posted in the file library, and they don't seem to match the codes for selecting input/output.

Scanning my network for the device, it shows as a "Key Digital Systems" assigned MAC address.  Looking at Key digital, they also have C4 drivers - however, again, none seem to match (and are all IR/Serial)

Anyone have a IP version available?  Barring that, a serial version?

Cheers,
D. 

8 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, kdrews said:

Neter, did you ever get any answer on this? Looking for Control4 control of that same switch. Would prefer IP.

I did not.  I also sent back 2x of the matrix.  The first was DOA.  Bought a second while the 1st was being RMAed.  2nd was DOA.

Just now, kdrews said:

Ouch. That's not very encouraging. How long ago? Back in May? It's a pretty high-ticket item for Monoprice. I'm surprised they didn't get it right.

Yup.  The first was beginning of May.  Tried for a couple of weeks.  Worked through their support team (which, unfortunately, weren't much help).  Tried to even reach out to the manufacturer (MP had whitelabeled the matrix) and didn't hear back from them.

Then, decided it was time to RMA.  I was on a tight timeline, so I didn't wait for the RMA to process and replace it.  So, I just bought a new one.  It acted exactly the same.  Worked for about 1 day, proved it was able to send signals across, then mounted it in the rack.  Day 2, it was dead.  It wouldn't sync up with the receivers.  I could see that the device was trying to power (the blue light was blinky) but it would never power up fully and sync with the matrix.  Tried 4 different receivers.  Tried cat5, cat6 cables.  Tried custom built cable, and tried high mono price 1' cables.  Nothing.  Just a blinky light of the box trying to power itself.

Was very frustrating.

Archived