C4 Forums | Control4

Lumagen Radiance Pro

hometheaterguy

Question

3 answers to this question

I tried recently to write a combined serial driver but the C4 driver editor software is way past my skill level at this time. I was querying if anyone else had tried. The existing secondary driver is IR and that creates a logistical problem with using a rear IR input that cuts off the front or a bug on the front that blocks the IR from seeing a command from the handheld remote via a blaster from the media room to the equipment room.

8 hours ago, hometheaterguy said:

with using a rear IR input that cuts off the front or a bug on the front that blocks the IR from seeing a command from the handheld remote via a blaster from the media room to the equipment room.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but the recent list of questions make me think you really need to retrain yourself in how to do a C4 system. It appears you come from one or more other types of system, such as Elan. As I mentioned in the post where you mention that yourself, C4 'works' differently, and if you want to do this successfully (and not drive yourself insane in the progress) you need to stop trying to make one work the way the other does.

Archived