C4 Forums | Control4

It100

Have done a lot of these before but a project that I'm working on, I'm experiencing something strange. I have a ea5 with only an it100 (dsc1832) connected as client still in reno stages and want to monitor there workers. Have done all the bindings for devices. When I go onto the c4 app and open security, it shows me list of the device states only. Can not see screen that allows you to arm/disarm. Have check in composer and under navigator- security it comes up under motors and sensors. Any help would be appreciated 

How many rooms in the project?  Is the security bound to each room? RS232 binding made? Is security system programmed for the IT100- discovered/label broadcast?

Wouldn't surveillance cameras be more appropriate?

of course I have no idea the scope/scale of the renovation but something tells me this customer may be buying a new processor by the end of this  was it existing? Thing is gonna get dirty/dusty - if not stolen  

Only 1 room for now. All binding done. Client has cameras as well but wants notification when system armed/disarmed. Rack is in isolated closet so not worried about dmage or dusty

I've seen random issues with the it100 on a few different projects

The solution always seems to be to power cycle the it100

It's also a good example of why you still should have hard wired keypads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I can't seem to get on the paid drivers (and they worth the payment for the features), is when the system is armed and something trips / activates the alarm it just gives you the zone I.e. Zone 2. Would be nice if it would give you the Zone text like the key pad does. If you go to the keypad you can see it was Garage PIR for example.

Its a PIA.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The Domosapiens driver also has zone names.  The zone name having likely triggered the alarm is in the LAST_ZONE_NOTREADY_NAME variable.  This was introduced about a year ago in driver version 2.1.2.

I thought that was the case ;).  You have to broadcast labels from an existing keypad to the it100 for it to know what the zone names are.  (*8, installer code, *, 998, * to broadcast labels).  The It100 is like a keypad in the system, the keypad needs know the labels for the Control4 system to 'know' the zone names.  Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Archived