C4 Forums | Control4

What's the diagnosis for different light levels on two. Light sensors

SMHarman

Question

13 answers to this question

Then this is an issue with the leds or sensors being a bit different. Some tweaking on the sensitivity will be needed. I would recommend setting one to default and then adjusting the other by a few small increments. 20-30 points at a time and test light levels in the area again. Rinse and repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then this is an issue with the leds or sensors being a bit different. Some tweaking on the sensitivity will be needed. I would recommend setting one to default and then adjusting the other by a few small increments. 20-30 points at a time and test light levels in the area again. Rinse and repeat.

Lights on. Both bright 13dc5cbc3d3fa88e8e74c53cbdb6522f.jpg

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

94005383991fb7285bca68e7cfce5cdf.png

In this photo I can see that the light is brighter on the left side of it. The issue you may be having is that if this is in the hallway and you have light coming in from one room and not the other, the switch on the left is getting more light technically. You will definitely need to tweak them individually so that in different scenarios they look the same.

May be the issue. But again, I can see shadows on right side and light reflecting on the faceplate on the left side. Left switch is bright and right not so much. He difference in sensitivity could be 20points in custom backlights settings.

May be the issue. But again, I can see shadows on right side and light reflecting on the faceplate on the left side. Left switch is bright and right not so much. He difference in sensitivity could be 20points in custom backlights settings.

I think that's my phone adding shade

It could also be that similar colors rather than the same color for both was selected in programming. I've had instances when the global color setting wasn't 100% global.

Sent using Tapatalk

Def same colors and parameters. applied globally

Def same colors and parameters. applied globally

If this is proving to still be an issue for you. I would be happy to remote desktop into your PC and make the initial adjustment with you. And hopefully can resolve it.

Not sure if you solved this, but we recently ran into the same issue. With us, the problem was that the light from the bottom button on the keypad bleeds into the sensor, making the sensor think there is bright light (your keypad on the left). The one on the right doesn't have an engraved bottom button, but has the up/down. Try taking a sharpie to the top surface of the light sensor that goes into the dimmer and see if that helps

Not sure if you solved this, but we recently ran into the same issue. With us, the problem was that the light from the bottom button on the keypad bleeds into the sensor, making the sensor think there is bright light (your keypad on the left). The one on the right doesn't have an engraved bottom button, but has the up/down. Try taking a sharpie to the top surface of the light sensor that goes into the dimmer and see if that helps

Thanks. It's not high on my priority list right now. The sharpie sounds like a plan to normalize light bleed though.

Archived