C4 Forums | Control4

Control4, KNX, Coloured LEDs - user interface

Anthony Mckay

Question

Hi, I'd really appreciate some advise from all your Control4 experts here. I'm new to this and have had Control4 installed in my new house, V2.9.1. We have lots of coloured LED strips in the house and they have Lumento KNX driver modules. The KNX network is connected through a gateway to the Control4. In the control 4 an LED strip is represented as 3 separate lights - a red, green and blue, each of which can be set to a percentage. These each map to a unique KNX address. There is additionally an RGB address that can be used to brighten all 3 LEDs proportionally and the Control4 shows this device too as a slider. This is fine and all works however what I'd really like is an interface on the Control4 that gives me a colour wheel and/or favourite/recent colour selectors. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? My dealer is happy to install any extra drivers necessary. 

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

6 answers to this question

There is only one color picker that's available now.  Unfortunately, it's for a different product than what you are using and also places the picker in the Security interface (not intuitive at all) as that proxy was the only way to get it to work.

However, your dealer can create some custom buttons or experience buttons that will cycle through different colors that you use.  Not perfect by all means, but works.

Still waiting for C4 to add this capability to the Lighting proxies.

23 hours ago, lippavisual said:

There is only one color picker that's available now.  Unfortunately, it's for a different product than what you are using and also places the picker in the Security interface (not intuitive at all) as that proxy was the only way to get it to work.

However, your dealer can create some custom buttons or experience buttons that will cycle through different colors that you use.  Not perfect by all means, but works.

Still waiting for C4 to add this capability to the Lighting proxies.

As a matter of interest, which product would this color picker work with and apart from appearing under security, does it work well?

OP, sorry for hijacking your thread!

Archived