C4 Forums | Control4

looking to purchase IP Cameras and video doorbell

Bgriff

Question

My house was destroyed by Sandy, My electrician ran wire for 6 cameras  around the exterior of my home. I want to buy decent IP cameras and a recorder . Can anyone suggest a decent camera and recorder that works well with Control4? I also have the wiring for a video doorbell front door and back door any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Bgriff said:

My house was destroyed by Sandy, My electrician ran wire for 6 cameras  around the exterior of my home. I want to buy decent IP cameras and a recorder . Can anyone suggest a decent camera and recorder that works well with Control4? I also have the wiring for a video doorbell front door and back door any suggestions?

I would suggest Amcrest Cameras as they have great outdoor POE options.  Check out greenfieldsolutions.site for cameras that i have personal experience with and have written drivers for.

3 minutes ago, Bgriff said:

Bgriff,

I'm sorry about your home and the difficult times. Where are you located? The Control4 DS2 is a great Doorstation. Doorbird is another favorite at a lower cost. The Ring doesn't fully integrate with Control4, but there's an event driver for it (no video). 

Thank you for your replies. Lots of useful information. MSGreenf which Amcrest camera do you suggest? My electrician ran cat 5E wire to all locations. I went to your website I see you have the drivers do you supply camera as well?

1 hour ago, Bgriff said:

Thank you for your replies. Lots of useful information. MSGreenf which Amcrest camera do you suggest? My electrician ran cat 5E wire to all locations. I went to your website I see you have the drivers do you supply camera as well?

I don't sell cameras as well but they are available on Amazon.  Depending on what you are looking for here are a few options:

https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-Outdoor-Bullet-Security-Camera/dp/B01BN1FDUG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1495053187&sr=8-3&keywords=amcrest+poe+outdoor

https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-Outdoor-Megapixel-Vandal-Security/dp/B01E7QO3AA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1495053187&sr=8-8&keywords=amcrest+poe+outdoor

Archived