C4 Forums | Control4

Qadvanced Roller Shades: Up/Down/Stop Programming?

MarkWestfairTV

Question

Hi.

In ComposerPro I have 3 Qadvanced Roller Shades.

I'd like to program a single button on a wired keypad (labeled "Shades") to control all three shades simutaneously, Up/Down/Stop.

In other words, press the Shades button, all three start closing.  Press again, they all stop.  Press again, they move in opposite direction (Open in this case).  Press again, they stop.  Etc.

This is fairly simple in Crestron, as there is an Open/Close/Stop function to choose which creates this action.

Seems I can probably throw a bunch of conditional programming, but want to rule out the possibility I'm missing something, grouping functions, C4's "Toggle" functions, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.  

3 answers to this question

1 minute ago, MarkWestfairTV said:

Hi.

In ComposerPro I have 3 Qadvanced Roller Shades.

I'd like to program a single button on a wired keypad (labeled "Shades") to control all three shades simutaneously, Up/Down/Stop.

In other words, press the Shades button, all three start closing.  Press again, they all stop.  Press again, they move in opposite direction (Open in this case).  Press again, they stop.  Etc.

This is fairly simple in Crestron, as there is an Open/Close/Stop function to choose which creates this action.

Seems I can probably throw a bunch of conditional programming, but want to rule out the possibility I'm missing something, grouping functions, C4's "Toggle" functions, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.  

This very same topic is being discussed in the dealer forum right now. Go check it out.

Archived