C4 Forums | Control4

Tapatalk mis-configuration

I often get an error when trying to click on threads that 'this site is currently unavailable likely due to a mis-configuration of tapatalk' or something similar.  Does anyone know what might be causing this?  Other forums I view through tapatalk do NOT get this message.  

Sometimes it lasts for for days at a time and sometimes it works again in an hour or two

After the last downtime, I am unable to access the C4forums.com correctly via app. I believe I get the same error as you.

Steps to reproduce:

Go to the app, click on "Home", it brings the forums that are followed. Click on c4forum.com and this takes you to a group chat instead of the forum. The only way to get to the forum page is by going to "Feed" > search for any post and click on the "C4forum.com" name and not the post. This will take you to the right page. It sucks but it works.

I have tried resetting everything but it does not work.

iPhone 6s Plus

iOS 10.3.2

Tapatalk 6.5.1 (1736)

Mallom made a good point - this only seems to happen from the 'feeds' tab. If I go in through home and then click on a forum it seems to work ok.  But not all of the c4forums discussions are listed on my home tab  how do I add more discussions (I only have general discussion, tips and tricks, q&a and composer programming, not any of the others - like the one this one is posted in)

Thanks!

On ios 10.3.2

35 minutes ago, Home Theater Advisors said:

Mallom made a good point - this only seems to happen from the 'feeds' tab. If I go in through home and then click on a forum it seems to work ok.  But not all of the c4forums discussions are listed on my home tab  how do I add more discussions (I only have general discussion, tips and tricks, q&a and composer programming, not any of the others - like the one this one is posted in)

Thanks!

On ios 10.3.2

So you have the opposite behavior. Mine only works from the feeds tab and not from the home tab.

I just went in to Tapatalk and hit "unfollow" to go follow this forum again and see if that would fix it. I can't find this forum at all. 

I have this issue too. I was able to find via google:

"C4forums.com tapatalk"

https://www.tapatalk.com/forum/76380-c4forums-com

It should bring you back to the app. I *think* that was how I solved it.

So I found it that way. However, when I go in to Tapatalk and click on the forum it doesn't work. I have to go to my Tapatalk feed, find something from here, click it to enter that thread and then I can navigate around at the top and get to where I can browse the forum.

Does CytexOne even read this stuff? It has reduced my visiting of the site the past couple of months to ZERO until yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been having the same issue since the outage.  I removed the forum from Tapatalk and now it won't find it.  Tried the above but still can't get it to work.

iOS 10.3.2 on iPhone 6S

Hello from tapatalk. Now fixed?

It would appear so! I was able to click the Tapatalk notification and get here. That's more than I've been able to do in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived