C4 Forums | Control4

Laundry List

shakaZOLO

- Satellite radio, internet radio and some sort of subscription service option (like Rhapsody) - BUILT IN.

- Ability to create party mode for ALL sources of audio, not just digital music.

- Ability to control sources and volumes for every zone from any zone.

- Backlit remote with programmable buttons.

- Internet on touchscreen.

- Video streaming on touchscreen.

- Additional line of upscale sexier hardware.

- Desktop version of navigator software for PC AND Mac.

- Image integration for screen savers and slide shows.

- Lighting scene management in Composer Media edition.

- More GUI choices.

- Ship the outlet dimmers and thermostats!

- Multiple port POE, C4 tested and branded.

- Better MP3 tag management. Support for additional formats.

- DVD ripping, hard drive and distribution (YEAH RIGHT!)

- Video HD matrix switch, over cat-5 (like Kaleidescape).

- In-wall amplifier so we can actually use the line-level outs on the mini touch screens.

- End-user support hotline.

- Satellite radio, internet radio and some sort of subscription service option (like Rhapsody) - BUILT IN.

Oh I 2nd this one HUGE!!!! Have you played with Yahoo Music? Better (much better) quality then Rhapsody - and it LEARNS what you like. Pay for $60 / year and as you rate music it's smart and plays only music you like etc... I would DIE for the ability to stream this to rooms etc... Customers would LOVE this!!! NO more would people buy music I don't think - the days of CDs (and ripping) would be gone. Better yet - a service like this ALSO allows you to download the music FREE and "use" in any DRM based device (everything out there EXCEPT the iPod)... you basically are leasing the music - it checks back to see that you're still subscribed once every 90 days. To me - this is HUGE (as well as talking in passing with some customers). I even thought of buying the damn SDK for 2k, hiring a programmer to program this and then selling it - but then I got smart and thought again... LOL

- Backlit remote with programmable buttons.

Coming within the next few months (1-2, maybe 3)

- Video streaming on touchscreen.

Don't see this ever coming - they're not competing with Crestron. Systems like that START at 10k - not Control4's market.

- Image integration for screen savers and slide shows.

This has been asked for quite a bit - so I think we'll see it eventually. Shouldn't be hard for them to do.

- Ship the outlet dimmers and thermostats!

Next month / March at the latest.

-ability to set playlists as auto shuffle and auto repeat

-room to room intercom and front door video/intercom unit

-memo recording through MTS and auto playback based on event that is easily chosen after memo is left

-auto volume levels on audio start

-digital streaming to MCA

-cheaper tuners, I mean $750 MSRP for a dual tuner, COME ON!

-volume control on MTS that isn't embarrassingly glitchy

-Party and sessions volume control

-ramp up of volume on joining a session or party mode

Dan, do you know what would be VERY cool?

If we produced training videos or power points that would walk dealers through setting up systems to do things like this. I know this takes time and costs money but it would be very cool. I know this may not be a popular thing to say, but I for one would be willing to pay to access the dealer only area if you close it off as I suggested there. You could also put advertisements in the dealer only area and partner with those companies to get discounts for dealers.

If we produced training videos or power points that would walk dealers through setting up systems to do things like this. I know this takes time and costs money but it would be very cool. I know this may not be a popular thing to say, but I for one would be willing to pay to access the dealer only area if you close it off as I suggested there. You could also put advertisements in the dealer only area and partner with those companies to get discounts for dealers.

I think that's a good idea. Maybe get all the best practice do's or the FAQ's for dealers together and just add to it as things come around. I'd help put those together, although I am no good at Flash. Erm, I just read you were saying powerpoint. I think it's definately doable. Not many more steps from taking a screenshot and adding it to PowerPoint.

Hey Slemay, you can control Musicmatch (Yahoo Music) via Control4. We do it here. You need to use a program like Girder for the PC and create a driver for it that sends the commands to the computer.

How do you interact with it? Ie: Get Artist / Song tags to come back through?

Hey Wired, I think this would be awesome... We were talking about enabling a Wiki on the site so everyone can just add stuff as they go....

I think the migration to Dealer / Installer Areas will keep us busy for the next week or so, but after that I think a Wiki would be a good addon...

How do you interact with it? Ie: Get Artist / Song tags to come back through?

Its one way directional, we use the Plasma or Projector to display an actual PC / Mac on the screen. When they release the developers edition (for free) we will work on a bidirectional ip based interaction between the two. We should be taking on a new programmer soon that will be able to build this.

Dan

When they release the developers edition (for free) we will work on a bidirectional ip based interaction between the two. We should be taking on a new programmer soon that will be able to build this.

That would be AMAZING! I thought of doing it too - but didn't want to spend the 2k - and hire a programmer... LOL

Integration with PCs, whether MS Media PCs, regular PCs and Macs -- should be via a serial interface. Yes, you can use Girder and IR, but a serial interface would give you two-way communication. That would be way cool...

Serial is definately a possibility as well... To be honest I like the idea of IP or even USB if possible... Serials is so 1980's lol.... But it works :)

Archived