C4 Forums | Control4

C4 driver for tivo Premiere remote red, green, yellow, blue buttons don't work

Woodstockjohn

Question

14 hours ago, sonic30101 said:

Clearly a control4 problem lol. Does double clicking the tivo driver in system design bring up the popup window so you can press the commands in Composer HE like it does with Pro?

I haven't tried this yet.  I will wait for the update which is about to happen.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, sonic30101 said:

Do you have Composer HE? if so go into system design and into the tivo and make sure the buttons are mapped to the desired commands

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-04%20at%204.29.5

Yes, I know.  Problem is that I don't know what commands are required for Amazon?  I did set up the Live TV button for the normal C4.  And I have done some things with my wall buttons and switches.

38 minutes ago, Woodstockjohn said:

Yes, I know.  Problem is that I don't know what commands are required for Amazon?  I did set up the Live TV button for the normal C4.  And I have done some things with my wall buttons and switches.

Clearly a control4 problem lol. Does double clicking the tivo driver in system design bring up the popup window so you can press the commands in Composer HE like it does with Pro?

17 hours ago, msgreenf said:

it doesn't auto update.  You need a dealer to update.  As for the configuration problem, it sounds like just that - driver isn't setup with transport controls mapped to the colors

You're right.  My Control4 Dealer just said no!  Clearly I misunderstood him before.  He is going to update it in a few minutes.

3 minutes ago, Woodstockjohn said:

It works fine with the TiVo remote on my Premiere; problem is that I have to be in the room with the TiVo to make it work.  The C4 remote does not.  I believe that I have all the latest remotes and updates to C4.  Had to do this to get the latest updates to the C4 system.  I am told that now the C4 system automatically updates?  Before, it didn't.  All of this was a couple of years ago.  I am a nut to get the latest gadgets and updates!!!

it doesn't auto update.  You need a dealer to update.  As for the configuration problem, it sounds like just that - driver isn't setup with transport controls mapped to the colors

I have an issue where when I switch to watch TV it takes 30 seconds or so to be able to use "menu buttons" or other commands when Im starting the system from a cold start.,  Any ideas why this would be happening?   Doesn't seem to be happening with X1 or Apple TV

2 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

Does it work with the factory remote? If

it does, sounds like the driver isnt configured properly or an old version. If not then it is a tivo issue and c4 has nothing to do with it

It works fine with the TiVo remote on my Premiere; problem is that I have to be in the room with the TiVo to make it work.  The C4 remote does not.  I believe that I have all the latest remotes and updates to C4.  Had to do this to get the latest updates to the C4 system.  I am told that now the C4 system automatically updates?  Before, it didn't.  All of this was a couple of years ago.  I am a nut to get the latest gadgets and updates!!!

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

just to understand what you are trying to do, you are trying to have the control4 remote auto launch the amazon app on the tivo? or trying to figure out why the amazon app isnt wokring?

Actually, neither.  I use my C4 system to watch Prime TV and movies on Amazon.  On my Premiere I can go to Amazon, bring up a show and watch it with no problem.  But I have no control after that.  For example, say Red takes me back to the main Amazon menu so I can watch another show.  Well Red does nothing!  So what I have to do is to turn of my TV to get out of Amazon and then turn it back on and go back into Amazon again to watch another show!  On my Roamio, I can't even make the Amazon app work.  TiVo said they might fix this in the next release!

50 minutes ago, mallom said:

Been using the ip driver for years without a problem. Only thing (i think) I did was removing the power off command. The driver works great.

As I said, it doesn't work with Amazon videos.  I can do most stuff but the color buttons don't work.  Again, it may be site specific.

2 minutes ago, Woodstockjohn said:

I guess it must be site specific because it does not work for me for Amazon videos.  I called Amazon and TiVo about my Roamio not working with Amazon.  I was told it was a TiVo problem and maybe they would fix it on the next release.

just to understand what you are trying to do, you are trying to have the control4 remote auto launch the amazon app on the tivo? or trying to figure out why the amazon app isnt wokring?

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

And also just cause it was posted on the internet 5yrs ago doesn't mean it's true today. Also make sure you are using the latest c4z driver version not c4i version

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You are right.  I tried again and could not find anything about it on the web.  I will call TiVo tomorrow.

Archived