C4 Forums | Control4

How to write a file in the Control4 director?

Fourier.Yang

Question

Hi, everyone! I am trying to write a announcement driver to let C4 play people's voice. But I can not find the API function to write the audio file in the correct location. It seems that the driver can change the directory and create a file with the path. Anyone has any good ideas?  Or is there any one has made the similar driver?

5 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Fourier.Yang said:

Hi, everyone! I am trying to write a announcement driver to let C4 play people's voice. But I can not find the API function to write the audio file in the correct location. It seems that the driver can change the directory and create a file with the path. Anyone has any good ideas?  Or is there any one has made the similar driver?

We have already writtent this driver.

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/advanced-announcements

You can use a supported web browser (safari, firefox or edge) on your PC or mac to record the audio for immediate playback.

Just now, alanchow said:

We have already writtent this driver.

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/advanced-announcements

You can use a supported web browser (safari, firefox or edge) on your PC or mac to record the audio for immediate playback.

Yeah, I know that. It is a great driver. But I just want to do my own diriver, because the advanced-announcement is just one part of the driver. By the way, could you give me any hints? It really bothers me...

13 minutes ago, Fourier.Yang said:

Yeah, I know that. It is a great driver. But I just want to do my own diriver, because the advanced-announcement is just one part of the driver. By the way, could you give me any hints? It really bothers me...

Thats a bit of a rude question to ask.  I'll give you one hint though... the driverworks API functions have the file I/O functions you need.  You don't need to utilise any other lua file i/o outside of those ones Control4 provides.

Just now, alanchow said:

Thats a bit of a rude question to ask.  I'll give you one hint though... the driverworks API functions have the file I/O functions you need.  You don't need to utilise any other lua file i/o outside of those ones Control4 provides.

Sorry, I know the rule.But the question really dirve me crazy. Thank you for the advice, although I have checked the api reference carefully. And the function can only write the file in the sandbox. All right I will check it again. Thank you so much.

On 2017-6-7 at 10:20 AM, alanchow said:

Thank you so much. Finally I find the method, a really weird method.

Archived