C4 Forums | Control4

Unsupported Devices after 2.9

I wanted to see if there was a way to add older devices such as the TSWM7 in wall touch screen to projects running 2.9 or higher. I have a client who has 3 of these in her home and doesn't want to replace them but after the update to 2.9.1 I can't get them to be added to her project. Is there a workaround or way to get around this and get those devices running on the project again?

1 hour ago, mstafford388 said:

The TSWM7 can't go past 2.5.3, no workarounds. 

not tottaly true.

you can manually type in the ip address of the director controller and click connect from the touch screen

many things may not work and it could cause problem but i have customers that refused to upgrade so they get what they get out of it

Note that it will NOT control TuneIn or other streaming services, and will not function for many newer drivers - experience buttons but also ANY driver using the C4Z format.

You cannot control or see your stored music, channel shortcuts (TV or radio) or movies

I think problems are starting to occur in lighting as well.....

Frankly - hang a picture over them...

Guy's if system works good, why do you need to touch it? So many issues can happens after update. corrupted file, zigbee issue, some devices can stop working with properly.... If system works stable and good, don't "improve" it.

Archived