C4 Forums | Control4

Doorbird audio

I asked a general setup and programming question in a different thread. One hopefully quicker question - I understand that doorbird uses audio 1 (we have an EA5) when playing over my speakers. In the the unfortunately few times it has worked the following happens.

Audio zone turns on in room. Previous audio 1 zone starts playing usually tunein. It plays loudly for 3 seconds then the doorbird notification plays. Why does it play audio from a previous instance first or concurrent audio of another zone then the doorbird notification? 

Welcome to using C4 announcement agent!!  It's been broken for years without a fix and no solution in sight.  There are workarounds that your installer can try or other equipment that can be used to accomplish the task properly.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:04 AM, lippavisual said:

Welcome to using C4 announcement agent!!  It's been broken for years without a fix and no solution in sight.  There are workarounds that your installer can try or other equipment that can be used to accomplish the task properly.

They've actually made quite a bit of improvement over the last couple of OS, i have even switched to it off of the sonos announcement i have used.

Archived