C4 Forums | Control4

Google Home Integration

Has anyone had success integrating Google Home with Control4 instead of Amazon Echo? Would welcome tips and tricks for integration, as well as ideas on how you are using Google Home for voice control. 

3 minutes ago, DavidK said:

Has anyone had success integrating Google Home with Control4 instead of Amazon Echo? Would welcome tips and tricks for integration, as well as ideas on how you are using Google Home for voice control. 

yes, the only way to do it right now is to use Chowmain Soft's IFTTT driver- https://www.houselogix.com/shop/ifttt-maker-driver

Thanks. I've signed up for this driver, but our dealer has yet to get the integration working. 

What type of commands are you using with Google Home? Can it do everything an Echo can do? 

4 minutes ago, casperspooks said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the driver from epic systems accomplishes the same with extensively less programming. I don't have any experience with it yet only recently started looking into it.

https://www.epic-systems.com/products/google-home-driver-for-control4

Sent using Tapatalk

still alot compared to what the native alexa c4 driver offers. but all those that have gotten the epic system drivers have had no complaints.

Less programing, less functionality from what i have read up on. I have the IFTTT driver and can select sources in rooms, turn rooms off, mute/unmute, play/pause, cable channel favs, discrete volume percentages, lighting scenes. Also setting the c4 amp to signal sensing you can initiate casting audio in a google home group and the zone will turn on amd select the source. You have composer HE right?

• 1 month later...

All I have the epic driver and I sent a DM to them as well as posted these questions.  Unfortunately no responses.   I do not think that EPIC will do this, however can one get the chowmein driver.  I am not a coder, but I think on of the previous posts on this thread has pulled it off.  Am i correct?

I have purchased an Epic Google Home driver for C4.   I have several questions.I believe the driver or "systems' will not handle the following, however, my question is will future versions of the driver provide this functionality.

Will Epic create the ability to add a variable, such as turn up volume 3, set tv to channel 41,?

Ability to have one set of programming for multiple devices

Can we delete the "options" that we do not use?   I set a trigger and I do not always need all of the options (up, down, on, off, set)?

THank you for your time.

10 hours ago, bkrause said:

All I have the epic driver and I sent a DM to them as well as posted these questions.  Unfortunately no responses.   I do not think that EPIC will do this, however can one get the chowmein driver.  I am not a coder, but I think on of the previous posts on this thread has pulled it off.  Am i correct?

I have purchased an Epic Google Home driver for C4.   I have several questions.I believe the driver or "systems' will not handle the following, however, my question is will future versions of the driver provide this functionality.

Will Epic create the ability to add a variable, such as turn up volume 3, set tv to channel 41,?

Ability to have one set of programming for multiple devices

Can we delete the "options" that we do not use?   I set a trigger and I do not always need all of the options (up, down, on, off, set)?

THank you for your time.

I have not received any messages from you about our driver?  How did you contact me exactly?

On 6/17/2017 at 8:50 AM, casperspooks said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the driver from epic systems accomplishes the same with extensively less programming. I don't have any experience with it yet only recently started looking into it.

https://www.epic-systems.com/products/google-home-driver-for-control4

Sent using Tapatalk

That is absolutely the case.  Feel free to buy our driver and try it out - we offer a 7-day no questions asked return policy if you aren't satisfied.

2 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

I have not received any messages from you about our driver?  How did you contact me exactly?

by the way, we do not monitor this forum for support questions.  please email us directly at support@epic-systems.com if you have questions or support issues.

thanks

Ari

On 6/17/2017 at 8:54 AM, sonic30101 said:

Less programing, less functionality from what i have read up on. I have the IFTTT driver and can select sources in rooms, turn rooms off, mute/unmute, play/pause, cable channel favs, discrete volume percentages, lighting scenes. Also setting the c4 amp to signal sensing you can initiate casting audio in a google home group and the zone will turn on amd select the source. You have composer HE right?

Not sure where you read that the Epic Driver cannot do these things, but that is incorrect.  Our driver allows you to define any trigger words/phrases that you want, and then for each one, we automatically generate an ON, OFF, UP, DOWN, and SET event in composer which you can program against to your heart's content (all using Composer HE).  Anything that you can program in composer therefore can be programmed into these events.

To answer bkrause's question about deleting those events - no you cannot delete them.  Nor is that a big deal at all, it just adds a few extra entries that you have to scroll through in the dropdown box (under the programming tab only, not in the main driver properties tab), I've never found that to be an issue worth worrying about.

Archived