C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos issues

I am a new owner of a Control4 system. I currently have a Sonos Playbar and Sub connected to a TV and running ceiling speakers through a Connect:AMP to my Control4 receiver. When I use the "Listen" function and stream music from a Sonos app, the ceiling speakers and Playbar work normally but when I watch TV, I can only get sound through the Playbar. Does anyone have any ideas for a fix?

Are the ceiling speakers set up as surround sound rear speakers for the Playbar? If so, you will only hear sound effects from the rear speakers, not the main audio

If they are in a separate room and are NOT surround sound speakers (i.e., you see two rooms in the sonos app - one with the Playbar and sub and one with the ceiling speakers), you need to 'group' the rooms together to get the tv audio to the ceiling speakers

They are (supposed to be) configured as surround sound in that room, but there doesn't seem to be any sound at all coming from the speakers only when used with the TV. Music plays through the speakers when I use "listen." Also in the same room, the Navigator display doesn't change when the volume is adjusted up or down in either Watch or Listen, although the volume does adjust. Being new to C4, this is driving me mad! Has anyone else experienced this?

20 hours ago, cardude151 said:

I am a new owner of a Control4 system. I currently have a Sonos Playbar and Sub connected to a TV and running ceiling speakers through a Connect:AMP to my Control4 receiver. When I use the "Listen" function and stream music from a Sonos app, the ceiling speakers and Playbar work normally but when I watch TV, I can only get sound through the Playbar. Does anyone have any ideas for a fix?

Sonos is pretty bad with PCM audio being unconverted to surround sound. And most all tvs now a days only output PCM on toslink. so you can hook directly to the video source and see if it is better and that will answer your question. secondly there are some settings in the sonos app to increase the volume and set to all channel stereo to get more use out of the video audio.

2 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

The  following link should help 

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2248/~/setting-up-connect%3Aamp-as-surround-rears

its a bit more work then using a couple of play 1 or 3 

it sounds like he has them set up correct as surrounds just likely needs to make some audio adjustments.

Archived