C4 Forums | Control4

Set limitations to certain controls

qwerty88

Question

8 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

it works across all platforms as far as i know but you need composer to set it up

Do you know if it will work with music zones as well? I want to have iPad that can only control lights in certain areas and nothing else (no music, etc.)

1 hour ago, qwerty88 said:

Do you know if it will work with music zones as well? I want to have iPad that can only control lights in certain areas and nothing else (no music, etc.)

no, its at a room level not a function level

1 hour ago, qwerty88 said:

Get keypad dimmers and create lighting scenes on the buttons. Done, and way faster than using an iPad. 

There is also another solution if it is absolutely needed.

I have used the project combiner driver and have had two controllers running separate projects. Project and controller 1 is primary and works do everything.

Then project 2 controller 2 runs a small project with lighting only. I use the clipsal virtual light driver for dimmers and switches. Create lighting scenes and such. Then when virtual switch or dimmer light state changes. Send command using the project driver to tell the controller/project1 to match the state.

This is the only way to completely ensure that the iPad or any interface for that matter cannot control the primary project beyond what you have given it control over.

Happy Automating!!

Archived