C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa Integration

SJC13

Hello,

i have control4 and have recently hooked up echo and Dot in most rooms. Could someone please tell me how I can play my songs from Alexa to my home speakers. I can do it through Sonos, but I would like it to be voice activated. 

Thanks 

Just now, SJC13 said:

Hello,

i have control4 and have recently hooked up echo and Dot in most rooms. Could someone please tell me how I can play my songs from Alexa to my home speakers. I can do it through Sonos, but I would like it to be voice activated. 

Thanks 

you really can't do it well. 

you can create a voice scene and use that to trigger turning on speakers. Then you need to wire the echo or dot via BT or cable to a controller or amp...it can work but eh, it doesn't work well and not worth it

There is a driver for the dot that makes it a source.  If you feed audio from the dot to your house audio system you can talk to Alexa to fire off music from the dot.  when used with the voice scene driver you can get pretty fancy.  Set up voice scene for "Alexa turn on dot in family room" to select the dot as the source, then "alexa play amazon prime playlist x".

On 6/22/2017 at 3:55 PM, mstafford388 said:

There is a driver for the dot that makes it a source.  If you feed audio from the dot to your house audio system you can talk to Alexa to fire off music from the dot.  when used with the voice scene driver you can get pretty fancy.  Set up voice scene for "Alexa turn on dot in family room" to select the dot as the source, then "alexa play amazon prime playlist x".

This seems interesting. Thanks for the reply. Not sure I understand it completely but I will think it through. Thanks again 

Archived