C4 Forums | Control4

End users and drivers

Steelermedallion

I am constantly amazed by the continual innovation with drivers - with such varied use cases.

Since end users can't install their own drivers, what is best practice for monitoring new capabilities and addressing demand from existing customers.

Has their ever been discussion of an Appexchange "like" portal that end users can see available options for new capabilities (through drivers) that creates leads to dealers for installations or for remote programmers to install? It seems that current dealers are focused on net new installs vs enhancements (unless they are asked by a customer??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This forum is a great place to find out the latest drivers. 

Yes dealers focus on new stuff because there is more money to be made but a good dealer will carve out time if you ask because a happy customer shows off their toys and get other people interested.  

There are remote dealers here who do driver installs all the time and can be cost effective.  

Stealing from @Cyknight but he provided this list just a few weeks ago:

Houselogix

Blackwire Designs

The Driver's Lab

Annex4 (evolved from TheoryAV)

Epic-Systems

Yatun Development

Janus Technologies (only free drivers by commission at this point I believe)

There may be others but I'd say those are the main ones  

the problem is the market for this is limited. The users on this forum are exceptionally knowledgeable of their tech more so than the typically customer. Even dealers are not aware of the Great community of third part developers that we have and some of the awesome drivers available.

• 2 weeks later...

are you selling me drivers for $5 on here?  wow! I recommend everyone buy from you :) Cause I know your cost is a lot higher, lol.

Also are these prices CAD or USD? Probably want to make that clear

ac8c3efa498244412bfbe11e6b349c0f.png

Loads immediately on my laptop and iPhone on both Crome and safari. Can I ask what browser you are using? Hopefully this error is easy to resolve. Thank you msgreenf

Happy Automating!!

Completely still under construction. But anything that is showing five dollars is probably just a placeholder that hasn't been completed yet. I started working on this a few months ago, but then real life got so busy I haven't had a chance to touch it since. All prices are in USD. As almost every driver I buy from a third-party marketplace is also in USD. I will add this to the pricing. Thank you for your input!

Happy Automating!!

Archived