C4 Forums | Control4

Casablanca Ceiling Fan integration

ntlord

Hi all,

I figured I would share with you my experience with integrating a Casablanca Bullet fan into C4. So, I've had a Casablanca fan for quite a long time and I've been wanting to integrate it with C4.

So here is what I did. I think this would apply equally to any fan made by Hunter Fan company. In fact, I'd bet my device, as is, could be paired with any Hunter Fan. 

I bought an SDR (software-defined radio) and decoded the signals from the Fan remote. The remote is the Casablanca 99020 universal remote. I then bought a NodeMCU and hooked it up to a 433mhz transmitter, and wrote some software to emulate the signals. The NodeMCU has built in Wifi, so I was able to write a little web interface for sending the commands.

Next, I made a PCB for the device, and 3D-printed a plug-in wallbox for the circuitry, so that it looks nice in the room where I have it.  

After a little bit of research, and help from a dealer friend, I was able to write a driver for C4 to integrate with my unit. So now, I have a fully integrated Casablanca fan with no modifications needed integrated into C4. 

I'm happy to go into more details if people are interested.

Archived