C4 Forums | Control4

Need C4 5 slot and 2 slot lighting cabinets for rough in

Fcscherf

C4 installers with integrity....help. We are trying to complete the rough installation on our new construction project, not happy with installer chosen as they want very large deposit before supplying these basic, simple metal boxes and all equipment has not even been chosen or approved for av. Holding project hostage and I am getting delayed. I ONLY need (3) C4-din-5pan and (1) C4-din-2pan cabinets, no modules or even covers! Just the darn boxes needed to close up walls. Please reach out if you can help!

Soooooooo you want to buy parts, but only pieces? You want an installer "with integrity" but you as a customer have none? Everyone wants a company to be at their disposal but they dont want to put down a deposit. Deposits are so the guy can buy the parts, spend time designing your project, pay his heat bills and so on. Ohhhh you want all that for free. My fault, I didn't know that was an option.

Next time, tell the electrician to put in a box and cover for free, I mean, your not using the power there now why pay for it?

You have NO clue of the situation. I have already cut a sizeable check to the vendor/installer for initial design and layout.. He wants $$$$ for AV equipment that has no even been chosen before he releases a very basic component. I have also checked up on them and they have other obligations they are NOT paying. My feeling is is that they will take the check and not order equipment. There is also a bank involved who will not fund the draw as they see no need to fund for equipment that will be installed in 9-12 months. I'm not judging you, please don't assume you know this situation. I am asking for less than $1,000 of boxes so I can move forward with drywall. We already have over 750k into the new house and 40k into electrical prewire. What have I done wrong to elicit that response from you. I'm a frustrated home owner who thinks don;t smell right.

I really suggest if you're that uncomfortable with the dealer you've chosen find a new local dealer and move on.  You're relationship with your Control4 dealer may be the most important part of your automation system so if you're not happy now cut your losses and move on.  Control4 dealers are also not supposed to ship products outside of their market for installs they are not performing so finding a new local company you like is going to make the most sense. 

Thanks mstafford338, agree. We've resolved to start that process but I'm going to loose a month on the re-interview and quote process, so that may ultimately be the downside. Livid one bad apple causing delays. I need to make sure next C4 Rep is the last after feeling burned by first. I can't go through this anymore. Leaving bad taste about C4 due to one company, yet love the hardware. Only posted to see if there were boxes out there to drop in until this was resolved. Appreciate the candid post and understand the territory's issues.

• 1 month later...

Archived