Dave w

Araknis Networking Equipment

14 posts in this topic

Selling some Araknis stuff. Some has been programmed (and reset) some is brand new. I have:

(1) AN-300-RT-4L2W 300 Series Gig router

(3) AN-300-AP-I-N Access points

(3) AN-ACC-INJ-30W-100 POE injectors

(1) AN-100-SW-R-8 8 port unmanaged switch 

$500 shipped in US for the lot. 

Thanks
David

I was extremely underwhelmed with the araknis WAP's. And I am a snap fanboy. Gonna give the 700's a shot again, but they're so expensive. This job is far and I want everything on ovrc

edit: brining some ubiquti as backup

For the price of Araknis and Ruckus, you can get more ubiquiti AP's per project.

Also, the firmware on the Araknis router is 2015? Isn't that a bit concerning to anyone?

EDIT: Sorry for the thread hijack, didn't realize where this was posted.

I don't use Araknis routers, so no opinions on that from me.  However, I do use their switches and haven't had a single issue with them.

As for the UBNT comment, to each their own I guess.  You do realize there is no comparison between the two right?  One system you have to tinker the %^&* out of it to perform well and the other system is setup within 10 minutes and runs by itself doing channel scans, checking RF interference and mitigating it, actually performs true device handoffs.

I've come from using UBNT and will not go back just because their AP's are cheaper.  By the time I throw our labor rate into it, Ruckus wins everytime.  Guess what, not a single call back on them either.  UBNT I can't say the same.

9 hours ago, forum said:

Also, the firmware on the Araknis router is 2015? Isn't that a bit concerning to anyone?

Assuming this is correct - no? If an actively sold router isn't getting firmware updates, my first thought is that it's stable, not NEEDING fixes....

16 hours ago, lippavisual said:

EDIT: Sorry for the thread hijack, didn't realize where this was posted.

I don't use Araknis routers, so no opinions on that from me.  However, I do use their switches and haven't had a single issue with them.

As for the UBNT comment, to each their own I guess.  You do realize there is no comparison between the two right?  One system you have to tinker the %^&* out of it to perform well and the other system is setup within 10 minutes and runs by itself doing channel scans, checking RF interference and mitigating it, actually performs true device handoffs.

I've come from using UBNT and will not go back just because their AP's are cheaper.  By the time I throw our labor rate into it, Ruckus wins everytime.  Guess what, not a single call back on them either.  UBNT I can't say the same.

Sorry if the answer is well known, but what is UBNT?  I'm familiar with Ruckus, Ubiquiti, and Araknis but not UBNT.

1 minute ago, fluid15 said:

Sorry if the answer is well known, but what is UBNT?  I'm familiar with Ruckus, Ubiquiti, and Araknis but not UBNT.

www.ubnt.com = ubiquity