C4 Forums | Control4

My Rabbit Hole

Matt Lowe

Going to be starting my what feels like 10th version of my home system, with my recently acquired video-storm system. Figured I would share about my personal control4 system and the products I use and some of the automation I currently enjoy.

In my Rack from top to bottom

EA5

IO Extender V2

Hopper Gen 2

Sony Blu-ray

Key Digital 8x8 analog and 8x8 digital audio switch

Pakedge Power pack 9

Re-2

Bakpak

SX-24p

Power Pack 9

Roku / Fire TV/ c4 Media / Sonos / 32x8 netgear modem

Shinybow 8x8

4 zone matrix amp

Anthem Receiver

Yamaha Aventage 

All lights in the home are either Control4 or Phillips Hue

Wk-2 for Wifi

Play3 for dining room

Garage is hard wired for control to extender

DSC Powerseries 9 zones monitor

Nyce Contact sensor on mailbox and side gate

3 Hikvision Dome cameras

1 dlink PTZ camera

Ring Pro

Some of my favorite automation

1 button away, press away on the keypad and over 2 miniutes so i can get out the door, all the lights music HVAC, locks shut off lock, or prep for away mode.

Nyce sensor on the mailbox emails me when the mail man comes and tells me You've got mail!

Dog whistle audio file for the pool speakers to quiet the dogs if barking

Halloween Mode, before the doorbell is press all normal lights on the home. After the door bell is pressed, the entire home shuts off immediately. Then after a few moments of scary darkness speakers all around the house start screaming and growling from every direction as well as hue lighting changing to gory colors and flashing.

Some photos of the current setup

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a509/lowecruiser/rack_zpsfdavsoi7.jpg
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a509/lowecruiser/Home office_zpsck23uz03.jpg
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a509/lowecruiser/home office 2_zpspsftefjt.jpg
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a509/lowecruiser/computer_zpsmcwug5ya.jpg

On 7/12/2017 at 9:47 AM, neil12011 said:

Love the office rig man.

Thank you me too. I am kicking myself I pulled the trigger on the Hybrid 1080 watercooled card like two weeks too early shortly after the 1080ti came out and doubles the performance almost ugh. gonna spend some time overclocking to the teeth.

On 7/12/2017 at 9:56 AM, Jfizzle said:

that office is really cool, nice screenset up

dont mind the ghetto speaker/tv stand I hope to get the 32 either mounted or moved to the guest and add another 28inch t match the other two. But i need to get the monster case out of the way as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Update time!

was getting the power amp itch in a big way. 

Swapped the c4-amp108 matrix amp for a crestron power amp So much power! 12 channels 50 watt per channel rms 75 pounds dual toroidal transformers.  Down side it needs a 24v power supply and a manual button press to power on should it lose power to the 24v. luckily have two power pak 9 so can shut off the 120v no problem.

8x8 Keydigital matrix replace with the Triad 8x8. obviously the programming was much easier and faster. Hoping Control4 adds audio delay and such to help with matching sonos video storm and c4 inputs but i have made some changes to get it close to sync'd in each room as i can.

and my new most favorite toy 2 Dayton audio Bass shakers with a Crown 1000watt power each at 4 ohms. The couch may need to be upgraded soon as i vibrate it to pieces but at least ill enjoy the ride.

the wiring is still a massive working progress next will be switch the commons for some of my 10 12volt devices, as i have a large 3 amp transformer hidden in there to power them all, but i am not a fan of power cycling them all when i just need to reboot the roku or the modem.

20180328_154504~2.jpg

On 4/29/2018 at 5:16 PM, Matt Lowe said:

Update time!

was getting the power amp itch in a big way. 

Swapped the c4-amp108 matrix amp for a crestron power amp So much power! 12 channels 50 watt per channel rms 75 pounds dual toroidal transformers.  Down side it needs a 24v power supply and a manual button press to power on should it lose power to the 24v. luckily have two power pak 9 so can shut off the 120v no problem.

8x8 Keydigital matrix replace with the Triad 8x8. obviously the programming was much easier and faster. Hoping Control4 adds audio delay and such to help with matching sonos video storm and c4 inputs but i have made some changes to get it close to sync'd in each room as i can.

and my new most favorite toy 2 Dayton audio Bass shakers with a Crown 1000watt power each at 4 ohms. The couch may need to be upgraded soon as i vibrate it to pieces but at least ill enjoy the ride.

the wiring is still a massive working progress next will be switch the commons for some of my 10 12volt devices, as i have a large 3 amp transformer hidden in there to power them all, but i am not a fan of power cycling them all when i just need to reboot the roku or the modem.

20180328_154504~2.jpg

the VideoStorm..... I guess I'm not smart enough to get mine set up! I found their verbiage hard to follow....

On 5/4/2018 at 6:00 PM, C4Jedi said:

the VideoStorm..... I guess I'm not smart enough to get mine set up! I found their verbiage hard to follow....

its not for the faint of heart it has a high learning curve. however once you do get it running one of the most flexible video distributions i have used. love having my cameras as pop ups on the tv rather than interrupting what i am watching to switch everything to the camera feed.

• 1 year later...

Time to upgrade. Tore down to the rails and built it back up. Got all the equipment in where I think I am happy with the setup.

Some of the upgrades include

Oppo blu-ray > Sony X800p 4k player

Denon x4000 > X8500 added 4 tower speakers to the surround sound as well no have a 5.4.4 Atmos configuration

Re-2 and NK1 > Rk1

Sansus 12 volt PDU and Thermostat Fan Control System

Roku 4 and Shield TV, one connect Centralized to the rack now have True 4k 4:4:4 30p distribution to my Qled 9 75inch and 65 OLEDe8p

Two 41u Lacing Strips to either side of the rack for wire management

Don't mind the mess of wiring in the corner that's next tackle

20190928_133118.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.