C4 Forums | Control4

Dash buttons on sale for Prime Day

Dash buttons are on sale today for $0.99 for Prime day.  Combined with my soon-to-be-released Dash Button Bridge, these things are effectively $0.99 stickup buttons that can be programmed to do anything you want in Control4.  

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=16857161011&ref=ods_gw_d_gw3_ot_pd?lo=digital-text&pf_rd_p=d5043bdf-d94d-4f89-a913-098b91140653&pf_rd_r=YZN8EHRHJV416HVX0P2F

10 hours ago, digitaltrader said:

I can't wait for the driver.  Any idea if there is a way to print my own custom stickers to lay on top of the current dash button?

There's plenty of templates out there.  Most people just design their own using one of the templates and then print it on a glossy label paper using an inkjet printer.  But if you want to go all-out, you could make your own template that has a whole ton of buttons on an 8.5x11 page and have a professional print shop print it out on glossy labels, which would look more like the quality that comes on the buttons themselves.

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

I was looking for templates....I never found any

There's at least one here -> Download it here

I've found a few others lying around, but I'd have to dig them up again.  This one is a PDF, so it'd take some pretty hefty editing to make your own from it.  I may make my own template at some point for folks to use.

10 minutes ago, Joshua Pressnell said:

My Google-foo is strong.  Here's another one -> https://anysrc.net/post/sonstiges/amazon-dash-button-label-gimp-template

You'll have to slog through a bit of German, but the download links are clearly labeled.

lol...and i right after i posted, i searched again and found that.  I was searching the other day and not finding it...google (or me) to blame

Here's a button template in Photoshop, with a layer mask.  If you're familiar with Photoshop, you can just apply whatever you want in a top layer to setup your button, then merge the top layers down into the mask.  Choose "preserve" when asked, and it'll auto-mask the button template against whatever layers were above it. 

There may be a simpler way to do this, but this works for me. :)

button.psd

Archived