C4 Forums | Control4

DSC It-100 Issues

alarm has been rock steady for 3+ years.
This morning I was cleaning up some wiring behind my rack and the alarm starts to go off.  I shut it off and I see an error message on the DSC panel - Gen Sys Supv.  I shut off the alarm, go back to work and since I am working on my AV Rack I press the Serial IT-100 into the slot making sure nothing I did forced it to come loose.  Seemed to be in sturdy, and then I touched the wires to make sure they were on the IT 100 board well.  I Did not get near the part where its on the board, but I went several inches away and just lightly swayed the wire to see if something was loose.  alarm went off again, same error message on the panel.

Did I knock something lose on the IT 100 board?  How would I Rewire if I keep touching it and the alarm goes off?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Did you try to power cycle the IT100?  Just unscrew the wires from the terminal, they won't shock you. Let it sit a while then hook it back up. And power cycle the controller it's plugged into. 

I did this recently and it cleared up some but not all of my problems. 

Heres the thread read with other things folks suggested.  I did power cycle the alarm too. 

20 minutes ago, Jfizzle said:

Did you try to power cycle the IT100?  Just unscrew the wires from the terminal, they won't shock you. Let it sit a while then hook it back up. And power cycle the controller it's plugged into. 

I did this recently and it cleared up some but not all of my problems. 

Heres the thread read with other things folks suggested.  I did power cycle the alarm too. 

thanks but I think the board is fried. the alarm board, who knows about the IT-100 module.  the DSC keypads will not come up.  i unplugged the DSC from the battery and wall and that didnt work.  I tested the outlet, it works.  the IT-100 is not blinking green as it used to do.  I think I am just SOL.  I already pulled out the IT-100 and put it back in 2-3x, I rebooted the HC800 a few times, etc.  but since the DSC Keypads are blank I am fairly sure I fried the board.  I found after the fact the wire that fell out was the power wire.  So when I went to put it back I must have accidentally had it hit the board or something or another wire and fry everything.  My mistake and I learn the hard and costly way, next time if I need to play with that module maybe power down the alarm first and plug it so no power goes through the wires.  I am kicking myself for doing that.

Yeah I also found some local places with them on their website. I could stop and pick up but they are closed on weekends. Amazon ones are sold by 3rd parties so doubt those get in the mail today.  

My alarm guy was coming Wednesday for other services.  Trying to connect with him to see how we can work together to get the hardware on time. 

I just don't know if my CO and smokes still work as they are in the panel.  I haven't gotten a call from my monitoring company that I am offline and I can see my communication button is blinking properly.  Would smokes and CO still work?

My IT100 has been fried three time since in 4 years due to lightening.  Seems to be very sensitive equipment as I've had pretty much nothing else damaged!

The IT100 being fried should not impact the DSC system itself or your alarms and sensors.  It should only impact communication to and from C4.

19 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

My IT100 has been fried three time since in 4 years due to lightening.  Seems to be very sensitive equipment as I've had pretty much nothing else damaged!

The IT100 being fried should not impact the DSC system itself or your alarms and sensors.  It should only impact communication to and from C4.

Well it must have fried my board too.  The it-100 is not blinking green but all of my dsc keypads are blank/powered off.  I tried to reboot the system by powering it down but no luck.  I would think if the it-100 got fried but board was ok then I could use the alarm on its own without c4 but that is not the case 

Just now, eggzlot said:

Well it must have fried my board too.  The it-100 is not blinking green but all of my dsc keypads are blank/powered off.  I tried to reboot the system by powering it down but no luck.  I would think if the it-100 got fried but board was ok then I could use the alarm on its own without c4 but that is not the case 

Sounds like real bad luck! Sorry!

12 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Sounds like real bad luck! Sorry!

Ha yeah.  I guess I'm "lucky" because oddly enough I had my alarm guy booked for Wednesday to add a few other items and trouble shoot a communication error we kept getting sporadically.  So with him coming in a few days I'll get the board swapped out

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2017 at 0:25 PM, Jfizzle said:

did you get this straightened out?  I have a new IT100 on the way, going to see if that solves my problems.

Yeah was my fault.  When I tried to reboot my panel I unplugged from the wall but only disconnected 1 of the 2 batteries.  Though 2nd battery was for other stuff

unplugged everything and now it's all fine after a full reboot

Archived