C4 Forums | Control4

Ecobee Driver

jmb

I've heard Houselogix, Black Wire design, and the drivers lab sell Control 4 drivers for Ecobee thermostats.   Are they all the same driver or are they different?

If they are different any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

If you guys would like a trial key let me know. I can provide you keys and you can have someone install the driver remotely. 

The BlackWire Designs driver is in a very large amount of installs. It works great. We also support the mini sensors and allow you to do extra programming functions with them. 

4 hours ago, c44me said:

Looking at buying as well.  Ecobee 3 or 4?  Which driver?

I did the Ecobee 3, as the pricing was better and with Control 4, didn't see using the Alexa functionality.

2 hours ago, Kevin L said:

If you guys would like a trial key let me know. I can provide you keys and you can have someone install the driver remotely. 

The BlackWire Designs driver is in a very large amount of installs. It works great. We also support the mini sensors and allow you to do extra programming functions with them. 

Thanks Kevin you read my mind - programming leveraging the sensors looks cool.  Have you seen any applications or examples?

12 minutes ago, c44me said:

Thanks Kevin you read my mind - programming leveraging the sensors looks cool.  Have you seen any applications or examples?

Due to how Ecobee designed the API you can not use them to turn lights on with out there being a delay how ever its great to use them to turn lights off. Once the sensor decides the room is unoccupied you can have it trigger some programming. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 5:42 PM, Kevin L said:

can i get a trial key please?

10 hours ago, sisniega said:

can i get a trial key please?

Log into your BlackWire Account and go to the showroom demo license box and add your Mac. You can test any of our drives using that system 

On 7/24/2017 at 8:38 PM, Kevin L said:

Due to how Ecobee designed the API you can not use them to turn lights on with out there being a delay how ever its great to use them to turn lights off. Once the sensor decides the room is unoccupied you can have it trigger some programming. 

What programming are you using?

This is what I've done and it doesn't seem to ever trigger....

Ecobee Sensor Program.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just saw this. The Houselogix driver is ours, we have been offering the Ecobee driver since 2013 with the original Ecobee thermostat. Our driver supports ALL connected Ecobee Thermostats as well as the remote sensors.

We also offer the driver for free with the purchase of an Ecobee thermostat and remote installation. 

Let us know if anyone needs a trial key. 

On 10/4/2017 at 1:50 AM, msgreenf said:

The first ecobee stat came out in 2008

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi MsGreenf,

I was referring to the fact that when TheDriversLab originally developed the first Ecobee driver it was with the original Ecobee smart and smart si thermostat.

Hope that clears that up.

5 hours ago, thedriverslab said:

Hi MsGreenf,

I was referring to the fact that when TheDriversLab originally developed the first Ecobee driver it was with the original Ecobee smart and smart si thermostat.

Hope that clears that up.

I dont care who is first; i care who is best

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, eh2707 said:

Hello, who’s is best by the way?

Need to get my hands on this driver..

Good morning, we have two week free trails. Our driver also offers more features/functions over the other driver. https://homeation.com/app-details/Ecobee_-_Single_Thermostat_for_Control4. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Ted@thedriverslab.com

Archived