C4 Forums | Control4

Ecobee Driver

jmb

On 2/17/2018 at 11:24 AM, eh2707 said:

Anyone on here have any feedback on any of these drivers?

I have used both thedriverslab and blackwire.  I had used thedriverslab lab for a number of years but gave up on it on 2.10 when the heating and cooling rings would no longer show on the navigators.  I tried working with them to get the problem fixed, but was unsuccessful.

I moved to Blackwire and the rings work.  I miss some of thedriverslab functions that BW doesn't support (like the ability to turn the Ecobee display on and off and schedule control) and the BW "Hold until Next" programming action does not work.  

I don't know current pricing but if you just want bare bones function, BW is the better value.  If you try thedriverslab and the rings work and you want more function, stick with that.  If BW would add a few simple features it would be perfect.  But they don't seem interested in improving the driver, which is unfortunate.

Both companies are responsive to support requests (though thedriverslab never got me code where the rings would work).  Both support use of the remote sensors.

1 hour ago, jfh said:

I have used both thedriverslab and blackwire.  I had used thedriverslab lab for a number of years but gave up on it on 2.10 when the heating and cooling rings would no longer show on the navigators.  I tried working with them to get the problem fixed, but was unsuccessful.

I moved to Blackwire and the rings work.  I miss some of thedriverslab functions that BW doesn't support (like the ability to turn the Ecobee display on and off and schedule control) and the BW "Hold until Next" programming action does not work.  

I don't know current pricing but if you just want bare bones function, BW is the better value.  If you try thedriverslab and the rings work and you want more function, stick with that.  If BW would add a few simple features it would be perfect.  But they don't seem interested in improving the driver, which is unfortunate.

Both companies are responsive to support requests (though thedriverslab never got me code where the rings would work).  Both support use of the remote sensors.

Hi,

Can you please shoot me an email or pm so that i can see why this was never resolved for you. We have also updated our pricing in the past year.  Rita@thedriverslab.com

Bw issues you mention are fixed. Make sure you update

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, seth_j said:

We do? Haha we've had a bunch of bugfixes and features on this one recently. Really happy with the progress. Update should be out next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you summarize the bug fixes and feature updates?  I thought I was on 1.1.0, but am on 1.1.3 (doc was still using old version number).   Hold Until next shows up as 4 Hours.

Uh not really off the top of my head. There have been some small issues around authentication for some systems, not all. Some new features too. Depends on the version you are on I guess.

We have all the info in the database but not visible as far as I know. Sometime in the future I'll get this on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, jfh said:

What driver version do you have??

11 minutes ago, thedriverslab said:

What driver version do you have??

I had whatever your support installed in November.  That didn't work.  My dealer tried uninstalling them and starting over and that didn't work, so I went with the Blackwire drivers.  I know the driver was updated to a version supporting C4 2.10.0 earlier in the year.

My dealer deleted the drivers from my project once the Blackwire driver was installed and working so I can't tell you what version that was.  However, if I remember correctly, determining the correct version level was never easy and there were multiple driver packages for some reason.

I really wanted to keep your driver as (a) it had more function and (b) I'd paid for the license and (c) it worked fine for years.  

• 1 month later...

Archived