C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Motion Sensors

Have seven (7) new C4 motion sensors outside house and two (of seven) periodically go offline (same two locations). Firmware is 02.01.02. Have replaced both sensors and same issue -- they go offline periodically. Installed two zigbee repeaters close by (a few feet from each, but inside) and they still go offline! I and the installer (Diamond) are baffled. Thoughts? We'll call C4 but thought someone on this board might have experienced this.

Repeaters are about 20 ft from controller. But we've probably 150 zigbee lightswitches in between and three zigbee enabled controllers. So the mesh is very strong. And one of these motions is closer than two others which are solid. 

I'd look closely at the HOPS then - just because there is a repeater in place doesn't mean that it will connect direct, or connect to the repeater at all.

Physical distance means little (well, assuming there is range) - the 'distance' in hops is what matters. Also note that those nodes are considered sleepy devices, and there is a limit to how many sleepy devices a single node can support.

Don;'t know if you've tried this or not, but I would create a second mesh with a secondary controller as zserver and zapcoordinator, connect the repeaters you got along with the two motions - and nothing else.

Archived