C4 Forums | Control4

SR260 w/ Charging Station

ejn1

Hi all,  quick question please.   When I place the SR260 in the charging station and it has less than a full charge, what color should the LED light be on the charging station when its charging?   Red or Green?   Mine remote is showing 3/4 charge, the light stays red and the charging bar on the remote never moves so wanted to double check with the forum.

Thx!

34 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Green. But did you configure the remote for charging cradle? 

Thanks msgreenf,  I did and its my 4th sr260 with charging station in house and just acting up i think.   I think its faulty somehow.   So red LED is supposed to mean its fully charged?

21 hours ago, ejn1 said:

Thanks msgreenf,  I did and its my 4th sr260 with charging station in house and just acting up i think.   I think its faulty somehow.   So red LED is supposed to mean its fully charged?

how old is the battery? could be that its going bad not the remote

I just did a job with 6 remotes and charging stations.  They'll be sitting on the charger for days,  show green on charger, and the battery level on remote shows low.  If you remove the battery and put it back in it goes to full.  It's just all over the place.  

11 minutes ago, Control-IT said:

I just did a job with 6 remotes and charging stations.  They'll be sitting on the charger for days,  show green on charger, and the battery level on remote shows low.  If you remove the battery and put it back in it goes to full.  It's just all over the place.  

With the charging station setting enabled

20 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

With the charging station setting enabled

yep.. charging is enabled on them.. Control4 recommended deleting the driver and re-adding it.. but I think its a bug in the firmware on the remote itself

On 7/26/2017 at 3:52 PM, msgreenf said:

they do work right.  Don't assume cause one person has a problem they all work wrong...

I think I'm not the only one out there with this issue but in my home, this is the only remote that does it.  

On 7/26/2017 at 4:44 PM, StroTek LLC said:

yep.. charging is enabled on them.. Control4 recommended deleting the driver and re-adding it.. but I think its a bug in the firmware on the remote itself

I agree!

• 4 months later...

I'm not sure if this issue has been solved somewhere, but I have the same problem. 

I charge Great Room sr260 for days, and it only registers low battery charge.  But taking farther, if I switch a FULLY charged battery from Kitchen remote (which showed full charge on the screen), it still registers low battery charge on Great Room remote.  And that low charge battery from Great Room shows full charge in Kitchen remote.

It's obvious to me that the problem is with the specific remote, not the battery.  Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, aquatiger said:

I'm not sure if this issue has been solved somewhere, but I have the same problem. 

I charge Great Room sr260 for days, and it only registers low battery charge.  But taking farther, if I switch a FULLY charged battery from Kitchen remote (which showed full charge on the screen), it still registers low battery charge on Great Room remote.  And that low charge battery from Great Room shows full charge in Kitchen remote.

It's obvious to me that the problem is with the specific remote, not the battery.  Any ideas?

is that remote set up in the settings screen to have a rechargeable battery?

This has been an annoyance of mine for a little while too. I never know to actually trust that my SR260 battery is actually low. Popping the battery out and putting back in corrects it, but not long term. I seem to remember someone mentioning a recent firmware update to address this...can anyone confirm this? 

This has been an annoyance of mine for a little while too. I never know to actually trust that my SR260 battery is actually low. Popping the battery out and putting back in corrects it, but not long term. I seem to remember someone mentioning a recent firmware update to address this...can anyone confirm this? 
Yes 2.1.98 firmware

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Mine was fixed after one of the Os2.10updates and then broke again on the latest Os2.10 update... Is that a known issue?

so I’m back to popping the battery out every few days...

not that I am aware of - the that firmware update was part of the 2.10.0 update

Hi. Just wanted to reassure you that we (Control4) are aware of this (battery charge level) issue and are working on a resolution. I cannot give you an ETA at this time other than to let you know that we have a potential fix ready for QA.

While I'm here, from reading this and other threads on these forums, it is clear that in some cases folks are reporting issues that are clearly the result of a misconfigured remote. LiPo and Alkaline batteries have very different charge/discharge curves. If you are using a recharge cradle and the LiPo battery pack and you fail to configure the remote for recharge, you WILL get incorrect battery level readings.

Regards,

-Ross

Archived