C4 Forums | Control4

Mapping Audio from Video Matrix

I purchased a C4-LU642D video matrix switch earlier this year.  This particular matrix downmixes audio streams so they can be pushed to rooms with stereo configurations.  I'm pretty familiar with Composer Pro (9.1), but I can't figure out how to map the audio from the video matrix so I can listen to a video source in a particular room.  The configuration is as follows:

Fire TV ---> Video Matrix Input 1
Video Matrix RCA Audio Output 1 ---> Audio Matrix Input 4
Audio Endpoint 1 ---> Audio Switch 1 Room Selection 14
Audio Volume 1 ---> Audio Switch 1 Room Selection 14
Video Volume 1 ---> Audio Switch 1 Room Selection 14
Video's Audio Endpoint 1 ---> Audio Switch 1 Room Selection 14

When I choose to watch the Fire TV as the video source, the video signal comes through just fine but the speakers don't play the audio.

Below are the snapshots of the current programming that is in place.  Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?  I assume that Output 1 of the video matrix is associated with Input 1 because I can't find anything in Composer that would make me think differently.  I even tried to map the stereo output of the Fire TV to an input on the audio matrix, but that didn't do anything, and I assume that shouldn't be needed since the video matrix audio is already mapped.

Any help is appreciated!

Video Matrix Connections:
image.png.2f4e497fc70a95bf8fee056411c8735c.pngV

Audio Matrix Connections:
image.png.17a854b6bc65c00ea4585df33b23a12b.png 
image.png.3478716a4d7103f24d1f56d21ee077f1.png

Room Connections:
image.png.761b511a9537fc81bcccadedaa62070b.png

image.png

2 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

you just need to make connections from the matrix to you audio switch like you would in the real world control4 will handle the rest

Thank you for your reply.  Unless I misunderstand something, the connection from the video matrix to the audio switch is already made.  The output of the video matrix is mapped to Input 4 on both of the audio matrices.  Is that the wrong mapping, or am I missing something?

what are the audio switches that you have? i see that you have 2?

Both of the audio switches are the Control4 16-zone switches.

and if that is the case it would be best to send the audio to each of those separately. not from the same output that you have in the screen shot

I currently have splitters so I can send the same audio signal to both switches.  I read somewhere about the pros and cons of doing so, but I can't remember what the cons were.  Even if the audio was faint, I would still hear something, right?  If there is a way for the matrices to share a single input and have both of them know about it, I'd love to hear about it.  My understanding is that the matrices run separately, so other than splitting the single sources that I have, I guess I don't know how else I can have sources available to both matrices.

@Matt Lowe, if you are referring to the physical connections from the video matrix to the audio switch, yes, those have been made.  I just went through Composer again and verified that all connections have been set, and I assume that they are correct.

Any other ideas?  Has anyone programmed this specific video matrix before, or one like it?  I'm scratching my head on this one.  I feel like something is missing in Composer and I just don't see where.

As an update, Control4 Support looked at the issue.  Since I had a single set of RCA ports on the video matrix mapped to different audio matrices, they said it was probably confusing the system.  The technician told me that I needed to physically connect and map all eight sets of RCAs to the matrices before it would work, but that seemed like overkill.  I only mapped the two sets of RCAs that I need to a single input on each matrix and it works like a champ.  Thank you for your help!

It was simple to fix, but it's interesting how it doesn't like it.  I have a Sonos Connect used on the same system and I have it connected to both audio matrices using a "Y" cable.  I haven't had any issues using the Sonos on both matrices, but it definitely didn't like it when trying it with the video matrix.

Since I have some wiggle room with the video matrix, it isn't an issue.  Out of curiosity, how should a device with a single output be handled when I have two audio matrices in the mix?

Out of curiosity, what do you recommend to do with the two RCA outputs from the HC-800 when two audio matrices are involved?  I currently have "Y" connectors coming out of both and into each audio matrix, but I only stream a single Pandora account for now.  I'm able to listen to Pandora on all zones on all matrices without any issues, but I'm curious what happens when I add a second account.  If I run one connection to each amp, then I'm basically limited to a single streaming service from the HC-800, correct?

Archived