C4 Forums | Control4

Annex driver for LG webOS

Jfizzle

Question

I have an LG65C7. We installed the Annex LG driver (https://annex4.link/drivers/lg-webos-smarttv). @annex⁴ I'm having the following issues:

The Amazon, LGTV, and SmartIPTV links on the attached picture are dead, the icon appears in lower left hand corner for source but the TV screen doesn't actually change to display it. The TV kind of hangs too and is slow to respond to remote till I switch out of it.

The Netflix and YouTube links work fine. Full screen display,, works fast. Only thing is the Netflix logo is blacked out in the display  

i have tried the U.S. and global version. Any thoughts?  

XieZZEd.jpg

7 answers to this question

Make sure your dealer has the correct bindings. Also Just installing the mini drivers does not install the Apps on the TV if the app isn't in the TV it's not going to go anywhere.  Make sure the apps you are trying to run work on the TV.  As for the Netflix, we have no idea where you are so I can't tell you which version you should be using.

2 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

Also will want to make sure the drivers and the tv have the latest software. the icons not showing up could be corrupted drivers

This is likely the driver not named what it is posted on our website.  You CANNOT change the file names.

Thanks guys. Will circle back with dealer on it.  I'm in Texas.  If I wanted to have a different dealer work on it remotely (my dealer doesn't do remote stuff for some reason), what info do I need to get from them re: the driver purchase so a different dealer could work on it?  I had them buy the driver for me when they came out to install some hardware.

On 8/20/2017 at 11:11 PM, annex⁴ said:

Make sure your dealer has the correct bindings. Also Just installing the mini drivers does not install the Apps on the TV if the app isn't in the TV it's not going to go anywhere.  Make sure the apps you are trying to run work on the TV.  As for the Netflix, we have no idea where you are so I can't tell you which version you should be using.

Yes if I use the TV remote, the apps inside the TV work.  If I use C4 remote from the Watch menu, Netflix, Hulu and Youtube work (the TV displays the app, controls all work, etc).  But if I click on the SmartTV LG ir Amazon icons, it doesn't "switch into the app" , it just sits on the Watch menu (like the pic above) except that the lower left hand corner displays the source name (Amazon).

Also now the Netflix icon is showing correctly, it's no longer blacked out. Weird.

Archived