C4 Forums | Control4

iAqualink Driver

Paul S

Question

I have installed the iAqualink driver and set it up and added all the auxiliaries , and the lua interface shows traffic coming from the pool.

I can control it using the UI tool to turn on / off AUX etc.

However, I am trying to create some scripts to react to AUX's changing.

Firstly the Driver doesn't list all the AUX's a separate programming events, which could cause issues further down the line, however, it would be good if I could even get an event to work.

If I change the aux setting from the iaqualink app, it correctly shows it changed in the next control4 poll, and the lua screen states 'NOTIFY.AUXMODE_CHANGED'

However, I have a simple script to set a timer going for 1 hr, when an AUXMODE change event occurs, and the timer is never set so the event is never triggered.

I have rebooted the controller since the driver install, to make sure this wasn't an issue.

Any ideas?

Paul

1 answer to this question

17 hours ago, Paul S said:

I have installed the iAqualink driver and set it up and added all the auxiliaries , and the lua interface shows traffic coming from the pool.

I can control it using the UI tool to turn on / off AUX etc.

However, I am trying to create some scripts to react to AUX's changing.

Firstly the Driver doesn't list all the AUX's a separate programming events, which could cause issues further down the line, however, it would be good if I could even get an event to work.

If I change the aux setting from the iaqualink app, it correctly shows it changed in the next control4 poll, and the lua screen states 'NOTIFY.AUXMODE_CHANGED'

However, I have a simple script to set a timer going for 1 hr, when an AUXMODE change event occurs, and the timer is never set so the event is never triggered.

I have rebooted the controller since the driver install, to make sure this wasn't an issue.

Any ideas?

Paul

Is this a native C4 driver?

I cannot comment on the AquaLink driver but I can tell you that the native C4 Pentair driver has some bugs. I suspect that the 2 drivers were developed and released at the same time so the problems may well be the same. In particular, most of the events don't work so you can do very little programming based on what's happening at the pool although you can push commands through from programming.  Essentially in the case of the  native C4 Pentair driver it acts like a 1 way driver when it comes to programming although it is a 2 way driver and the normal UI works perfectly for items that are integral to the driver.

I reported this to C4 years ago and was told it is a known issue with no estimated time for a fix...

Archived