C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 Door Station and V2 touch screen

Hello,

I have a system that is running on 2.9. i just installed a new DS2 door station, i was able to identified it and the driver says that is online. I'm able to see the camera on composer but on network tools it said that the door station is offline. My main issue is that the driver don't let me select a call group, when i click on the drop down for the call groups this drop down is empty also it gray out..

any suggestion will be really appreciated.

Thanks

The ds2 will show offline in network tools when it actually isn't offline.  Is the communication agent added? Do you have touch screens to communicate with?  You should be using the dealer knowledgebase for proper set up unless your dealer hasn't completed the setup.

for some reason it don't let me add the communication agent. The touch screen that i have in the project are the 7" In wall touchscreenV2. When I try to add the communication agent the system tells me that i have to run a migration wizard... Not sure about doing it, could it cause any issue to my project?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help me, I have the new DS2 works well.  Right now the bell sounds only through the touchscreen, but that does not help me if everyone is in another room, are we able to get the door bell sound come out of my speakers, which is using the C4 AMP also?

1 hour ago, dipskhatri said:

Can anyone help me, I have the new DS2 works well.  Right now the bell sounds only through the touchscreen, but that does not help me if everyone is in another room, are we able to get the door bell sound come out of my speakers, which is using the C4 AMP also?

You can program an announcement with a wav file of your choice for whichever room you prefer and you can even program lights to toggle on and off in the desired room.

44 minutes ago, dcovach said:

You can program an announcement with a wav file of your choice for whichever room you prefer and you can even program lights to toggle on and off in the desired room.

Oh thanks... is this something I can do myself via home edition or is this a dealer call out?

37 minutes ago, dipskhatri said:

Oh thanks... is this something I can do myself via home edition or is this a dealer call out?

You can do this yourself with Composer Home Edition.  This will be a good opportunity for you to use your imagination and programming skills.  You will need a dealer to sell it to you if you don't already have it.   If you can't get a hold of yours, don't hesitate to contact me.

1 hour ago, dcovach said:

You can do this yourself with Composer Home Edition.  This will be a good opportunity for you to use your imagination and programming skills.  You will need a dealer to sell it to you if you don't already have it.   If you can't get a hold of yours, don't hesitate to contact me.

i have a copy :) I have created the announcement and selected the room, I just need to find the trigger... for once it's press could you guide me? 
I found the triggers but I cant work out from the list which is the one for the doorbell (the button that has 3 lines)

also are we able to show the video if the TV is on, so we can see who is at the door? I really appreciate your help.

Locate where the DS2 is on the Events side (left), and find "When Call Button Is Pressed" from the drop down.  Now find the Announcement on the Actions side (Right) near the bottom where all the Agents are in (Red writing).  Select announcement and either double click or drag to the centre of the screen.

8 minutes ago, dipskhatri said:

also are we able to show the video if the TV is on, so we can see who is at the door?

Woah Woah Woah.... this wasn't what we agreed on.  Now we're going into over time. ;)   You may not  be able to do this easily if you have an EA series controller.  It is no longer possible to use a saved bookmark (Front Door Camera) and program it to display on a TV.  It may be possible after Control4 makes some updates hopefully by the next Director release in a month or so.  It is sometimes possible to get the image url of the camera and incorporate it into an announcement message but I'm not sure if that works with the DS2.  I've tried it once before with no success.  I sometimes program the camera nvr to display on the TV after a doorbell press.  Good luck.

12 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Locate where the DS2 is on the Events side (left), and find "When Call Button Is Pressed" from the drop down.  Now find the Announcement on the Actions side (Right) near the bottom where all the Agents are in (Red writing).  Select announcement and either double click or drag to the centre of the screen.

OMG it works nicely thank you so much :) 
it only works for my lounge when my TV is on, because I have a separate amp just for the lounge, so when I ring the doorbell the TV goes blank and can hear the door bell, then few seconds later it comes back on, but I guess that's OK... Amazing thank you.

2 minutes ago, dcovach said:

I'm trying to follow but not sure how you configured the announcement or how the audio is set up.  Anyways,  congratulations.  You're a programmer.

For my lounge only I have a Integra AMP connected to C4 so I can have 5.1 surround sounds, in the rest of the house its all controlled via the C4 AMP, so in  my study works as expected the sound comes out of speakers, but because I also included the lounge, it only works when the amp is on, as it has been configured that when I turn the TV on the amp turns on and when I turn the TV off it turns the AMP off, so the door bell will only work when the amp is on, well that's my understanding... 

But again thank you so much for your help really appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, dipskhatri said:

so the door bell will only work when the amp is on, well that's my understanding... 

You might need to add a delay to the announcement so it gives the AMP a bit of time to turn on before the announcement plays the doorbell sound.  You can add that delay in the announcement where it says "start delay".

3 minutes ago, dcovach said:

You might need to add a delay to the announcement so it gives the AMP a bit of time to turn on before the announcement plays the doorbell sound.  You can add that delay in the announcement where it says "start delay".

what is the "stop delay" used for then?

6 minutes ago, dipskhatri said:

what is the "stop delay" used for then?

It's set to 2 seconds by default and it may need to be set a little longer in case the audio file doesn't fully play before the announcement ends.

Archived